It is currently 16 May 2024, 17:14

Sellers Beware eBay Buyer billybuyer2013

Announce your sales on ebay. Post interesting or funny ebay observations as well.
  • Author

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Sellers Beware eBay Buyer billybuyer2013

Post22 Jul 2016, 17:03

This guy buys lots of watches on eBay so thought it worth a mention here to warn others, his user name is billybuyer2013

He bought an MBO watch from me some time ago, the watch was mint but the crystal was loose so was sold as seen, he left me positive feedback, he then came back a few days later saying his watch guy told him there's a retaining ring missing and it would be impossible to find one, I checked my other MBO watches and none of them had a retaining ring holding the crystal in. Anyway I told him return the watch and I'll refund him, he opened a case and told me he had returned the watch, after some time the watch had still not arrived back, he refused to give me a tracking number and eBay closed the case in my favour. He then does a bank chargeback and they somehow find in his favour, so now he has the watch and his money back, and on top of this PayPal also charged me £14 for the privilege!

Adam

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Sellers Beware eBay Buyer billybuyer2013

Post22 Jul 2016, 19:19

The transaction is through Paypal not his bank how are they not liable in this case?
http://www.digital-watch.com - online database of 2000+ watches, manuals and adverts from the 70s-90s
http://www.vintagelcd.com - Vintage Digital Watches for sale

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post23 Jul 2016, 00:54

They always say in the small print that it could still be subject to a chargeback which I guess covers them, this is what I got from PayPal, pointless of course as billybuyer no longer responds to messages.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post23 Jul 2016, 01:26

Banks (including Paypal) don't give a sh** about right or wrong these days I'm afraid.
What ever is easiest is their motto, and they have the morals of an ally cat.
Also a "we're right and your shite" attitude. We don't have to explain ourselves to you.

On another note I checked him out and he has bought over 6 from Ed in the last 6 months.
Unusual he has 100% feedback. :scratch:

Also I noticed there's a billybuyer2009 in Lancashire,United Kingdom.

Unlucky dude suppose you'll have to chalk it up to experience?
Thanks for the info anyway Rich.
Keep smiling.
:dwf:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post23 Jul 2016, 17:50

I always keep smiling Illegitimi non carborundum and all that. Not unusual that he has 100% fb since eBay stopped buyers from getting negative or neutral feedback some years ago.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post24 Jul 2016, 15:54

richard_uk wrote:I always keep smiling Illegitimi non carborundum and all that. Not unusual that he has 100% fb since eBay stopped buyers from getting negative or neutral feedback some years ago.

Really/ :scratch: :scratch:
Perhaps I may start behaving like a cock when buying. :no:
Nah not in my make up, ;-)
Thanks again for the heads up helping the readers to do their home work.
:Prost: :Prost:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post25 Jul 2016, 05:04

richard_uk wrote:I always keep smiling Illegitimi non carborundum and all that. Not unusual that he has 100% fb since eBay stopped buyers from getting negative or neutral feedback some years ago.

They have the luxury of not having any serious competition, they treat sellers like crap IMO - which they have obviously done in your case!! :evil: :evil:

Return to Ebay and Other