It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:58

East Enders

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

Seven Segment

Re: Holy Grail for Sale

Post21 Jul 2006, 09:30

I do have two video clips of Mr F flashing his watch, I can upload pictures to a freehost but not videos, any ideas anyone?

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Post21 Jul 2006, 12:00

Seven Segment wrote:I do have two video clips of Mr F flashing his watch, I can upload pictures to a freehost but not videos, any ideas anyone?

I've not uploaded here before, but seems very popular for sharing video clips

www.youtube.com

I think Google have something similar too

http://video.google.co.uk/
It is here! It is now!

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Post22 Jul 2006, 00:34

Mr Frequency 32768hz wrote:Is that you Dave ??

Dig-it-all wrote:I know exactly what the looks like and have seen him many times 8)

Yep.........sure is. How are you doing? Are you still touring :wink:

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post22 Jul 2006, 02:02

Dig-it-all wrote:
Mr Frequency 32768hz wrote:Is that you Dave ??

Dig-it-all wrote:I know exactly what the looks like and have seen him many times 8)

Yep.........sure is. How are you doing? Are you still touring :wink:

My god, i did'nt know it was you. Ha, not so much touring these days.
Are you still at the same email addy ? Hope you are well Dave.

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: East Enders

Post22 Jul 2006, 14:40

Now i'm starting to feel like a bit of a voyeur :shock: :)

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Post22 Jul 2006, 16:02

abacus wrote:Now i'm starting to feel like a bit of a voyeur :shock: :)
Haa! Nice one!

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Post22 Jul 2006, 16:14

[quote="Mr Frequency 32768hz
My god, i did'nt know it was you. Ha, not so much touring these days.
Are you still at the same email addy ? Hope you are well Dave.[/quote]

The work one yeh - private no, at least I don't think so, been a while since we conversed.

To everyone out there - When I first started collecting these seriously, the first other collector I met was Lloyd. That was a phone call back in November 1998 - yeah Lloyd, its that long ago! :shock: I got my first Pulsars shortly afterwards through a lead he gave me. I had been searching car boots for about three years previous and only found two and neither of them worked :oops:

Glad to see your still in there - had some great fun collecting back then :D , We were both competitors but helped each other when we could. Hope you are well?

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post23 Jul 2006, 22:24

I think I still have your work email. I will send you an email next week if I can find it.
Wow, was it 1998 when we first spoke. I still like collecting LED's, but there was something special back then when we first started collecting.
The Buzz was very exciting when finding each model, then speaking on the phone about what our new discoveries where. I always remember that display cabinet picture you had of one of our fellow German collectors that was full of LED's. Like a kid staring at the candy display. :D

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post23 Jul 2006, 23:03

bruce wegmann wrote:Lloyd had told me about this when I met him a couple years ago, and I must confess I had been curious to see how obvious it was that it was actually a P1. If you have the whole segment on video I wouldn't mind having that to see, as well. My respect for the P1 softens my position on this thread [and, BTW, if I ever got a spot on ANY public medium, I would probably wear mine, too].

But, with everyones' curiosity satisfied, are we done now...?

It would seem not :lol:

But seriously.... this is an LED disscussion forum, and people are disscusing an LED topic, whats the problem???????

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post24 Jul 2006, 04:31

I've been resisting....but I really think this thread is friendly and harmless compared to many others - actually pretty darn upbeat. I mean, what's the point of collecting, if you never wear your watch, and isn't a good public showing almost as nice as getting to show your own? I was at a concert a few months back and I was so intriqued that one of the musicians appeared to have an LED on. Just think, if some really famous actor told some talk show host they had this LED watch collecting fascination, we would have thousands of people storming the gates for vintage LEDs by the next morning. 8) People are funny - and you guys are too. :lol: Thank God for that!!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Seven Segment

Post24 Jul 2006, 10:21

Maybe we should be having a blazing row like most of the other threads end up with!

little1up - how dare you call us guys funny, I an totally offended by your attitude, you may be funny but I can assure you I am certainly not. You should keep your defamatory comments to yourself. :lol:

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post24 Jul 2006, 14:37

Seven Segment:How dare you call me defamitory!?! I'll settle for nothing less than being called an inflamitory, loose cannon, sniffer of cat arse!

Alright, a row it is. Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream
(hold on)
(ahhhhhhhh, bladder's a lot better now) , merrily, merrily.......

And you didn't know I had musical talents!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Post24 Jul 2006, 23:59

Mr Frequency 32768hz wrote:........I will send you an email next week if I can find it.................but there was something special back then when we first started collecting..................I always remember that display cabinet picture you had of one of our fellow German collectors that was full of LED's. Like a kid staring at the candy display. :D

Be good to here from you, let me know on here if you haven't and we will work something out. Think I still have you tell number in my old mob. I will send you a test text tomorrow (after you have read this I guess).

Yes, I agree. It was really funny when I think back, because we were always leaking information to each other in a bid to try and put the clues together and establish the rarity of a watch we had a lead on. Testing each other out. It was as you said - really exciting because only a very few were serious collectors. It seemed a lot harder to come by information back then. Trading information was almost as important as trading watches, as it was such a small collecting circle. I have been amazed how knowledgeable some of the members are on this site are. I have seen things written that back then only a few of us knew about. Remember when I told you about this wonderful thing I had found on the internet in Jan 99 - ebay! :P Before you could say - "website" you'd bought yourself a complete computer set up, and you were off :wink:

I miss that but I don't miss getting up in the middle of the night to try and "nick" an rare LED with a last minute bid :twisted:

Aaaah, the good (not so) old days.

By the way, it was a French collectors cabinet, I can't for the life of me remember his name - can you? -but he seemed to vanish off the scene when he became a Dad (or should I say Papa.......nicole)

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Post25 Jul 2006, 00:18

Dig-it-all wrote:By the way, it was a French collectors cabinet, I can't for the life of me remember his name - can you? -but he seemed to vanish off the scene when he became a Dad (or should I say Papa.......nicole)

Just remembered - Alain Chauvel

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post25 Jul 2006, 00:54

Dig-it-all wrote:
Dig-it-all wrote:By the way, it was a French collectors cabinet, I can't for the life of me remember his name - can you? -but he seemed to vanish off the scene when he became a Dad (or should I say Papa.......nicole)

Just remembered - Alain Chauvel

Thats hum..... haha, i remember now. Hope to speak soon. :wink:
Previous

Return to Members of DWF