It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:16

Hello

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

aladdin_sane

Geek

Geek

Hello

Post14 Mar 2008, 14:07

Hi there. My name is Chris. I'm from Wakefield, West Yorkshire, UK. I have an interest in the LED watches of the 1970's. I got my first LED was I was 10 years old, a Commodore which was black plastic with chrome trim around the face.

I loved that watch! I loved looking at other LED watches. Back then and even today they look and are very "space age".

I live my puss cat "Oscar Wilde Mozilla-Mogg Monster". We're an odd pair. Odd is good m'kay!

Anyway, this is just a quick intro as I need to get out to the pub, drink lots of real ale and show off my newly arrived Majestyk M-1 (blue). How sexy is this watch? Most repro's out there don't quite hit the spot but the M-1 looks like it came right out of 1973.

Thanks for listening.

Diginut

Techie

Techie

: Hello

Post14 Mar 2008, 14:23

I live my puss cat "Oscar Wilde Mozilla-Mogg Monster". We're an odd pair. Odd is good m'kay!

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.

Are you sure you didnt write the above line after going to the pub ? Either that, or I need to smoke something stronger to interpret it ;-)

aladdin_sane

Geek

Geek

Re: : Hello

Post14 Mar 2008, 14:33

Diginut wrote:

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.

Are you sure you didnt write the above line after going to the pub ? Either that, or I need to smoke something stronger to interpret it ;-)

hello there! well he came to me last December. He was a rescue cat already called Oscar but I needed to personalise him so he became the Wilde Mozilla-Mogg Monster too. The name suits him!

Are you coming to the pub with me? If you do, I'll let you play with my Majestyk M-1. :)

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Post14 Mar 2008, 14:45

hey man, yur freaking me out ... if I'm gonna fondle yur M1 in a pub, I dunno where this could lead, becuase it sounds more like I shud bring the lube, and a vid cam ... :shock:

aladdin_sane

Geek

Geek

Post15 Mar 2008, 00:46

Diginut wrote:hey man, yur freaking me out ... if I'm gonna fondle yur M1 in a pub, I dunno where this could lead, becuase it sounds more like I shud bring the lube, and a vid cam ... :shock:

bless. :)

well it was an eventful trip to the pub. The watch went down a storm (not the brand). It was good to see people my age who remember the LED with fondness and good to see the reaction of younger people who were born in the times of the LCD.

Also I was glad that with the M-1 the younger people could see what a modern LCD should look like and work like. :)

f.e.a.r

Techie

Techie

Post15 Mar 2008, 20:05

And there was me thinking I had an unusual picture under MY name!! Is that your cat?? :shock:

aladdin_sane

Geek

Geek

Post15 Mar 2008, 21:28

f.e.a.r wrote:And there was me thinking I had an unusual picture under MY name!! Is that your cat?? :shock:

hey can I help it if I was born with a prolapsed lower jaw? :)

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post16 Mar 2008, 21:15

In the spirit of this weirdness, I changed mine to a picture of the wife....
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Members of DWF