It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:21

Big Pulsar Time Computer Hello!

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

astronaut

Big Pulsar Time Computer Hello!

Post28 Mar 2008, 01:58

Hi Everyone

My names Astronaut and I'm a LED Pulsar-aholic, well ...er something like that anyway.....! :-D

I used to have LED watches bought for me as gifts in my youth (dont remember what the makes were now, but I think they were the inexpensive types) and one day a few years back thought it would be really cool to own one now. So went about finding out if any were still available to own....

After doing some research I soon found out that one of the best vintage LED watches still available to own was the LED Pulsar.

I’m quite keen on the ‘2001 Space Odyssey’ design era and find the design of the P3’s most appealing, although my favourite function is the auto-command of the P4’s. The Pulsar Executive would be perfect for me if it looked exactly like and was the same size as a P3, although its not far off.

I’m also interested in the technology behind these watches and would like to understand this one-day. I enjoy setting some of them with a magnet, but it can be frustrating at times if you get out of setting sequence etc, but that just part of their charm for me.

I’m now lucky enough own some reasonably good examples of the P3’s and P4 both in SS and GF and a SS dress example all mostly obtained via ebay.

:-D

A

Return to Members of DWF