It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:27

Belated Introduction

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Belated Introduction

Post23 May 2008, 01:30

Hello to all DWF members and browsers, I have been a registered user for a while and thought it was about time I stopped being a lazy ass and introduce myself properly. My first name is Mick (Bucko is a nickname from my old school days) I am 41 years old, married with 2 lads who are aged 16 and 14 at time of post. I live in Nottinghamshire in the UK about a stones throw from Robin Hoods Tree, which along with Clumber Park is probably the area's main land mark \ tourist attraction. I have worked for UK Coal since 1986, 16 years underground and the last 6 years as a Control Room Supervisor - away from the dust and grime!
I became interested in 'digi' watches during childhood, I remember always wanting Dad's watch as a kid, but not being allowed as I was 'to little' and they cost a fortune in those days! A couple of years back I was helping Dad to sort through some old junk and came across his old watch, the watch was long passed being repairable but it did awaken my interest again. I decided to see if I could find an identical model on ebay and soon became the proud owner of a Commodore LED.......that is when I got the bug and I now have a collection in excess of 40 watches, mainly LED's but also other retro time pieces from around the 1970s era. I have had many pleasent dealings with other members of the forum, Ed Cantarella - Windert Message, Birks, Longines Gemini, Piotr (the watch wizard from Poland) - Swissonic Jaz Derby & various books and Howard Riehl - Synchronar (awaiting delivery) and hope to enjoyed many more to come.
I am looking forward to continuing with my collection and hope to learn and become more knowledgable as I progress.

Diginut

Techie

Techie

: Belated Introduction

Post23 May 2008, 02:22

Welcome to the forum !

Return to Members of DWF