It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:57

A new guy with a Compuchron question

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

jetman1979

A new guy with a Compuchron question

Post25 May 2008, 16:54

Hi first post here my real name is Mike and I reside in North Texas. I work for American Airlines as a mechanic and I collect everything but mostly tube radios and 70s Hi-Fi gear.
Today I got a cool looking watch called a compuchron still in the box.
Can someone please look at my pictures and tell me if I paid too much?
8 dollars. Also is it worth putting battries into and if so what type? I recall the red LEDs from the 70s so I thought hey this is a pretty cool watch what the heck.
Can someone also look at the pics and tell me why it has a dark circle under the glass?

bucko170

Guru

Guru

: A new guy with a Compuchron question

Post25 May 2008, 20:24

If it works it is definately a bargain!! If it doesn't work, based on ebay prices, it is still worth more than you paid!! Having the box will also add to the value.
The crystal doesn't look to deeply scratched and there are products (eg Novus) available to buy which will buff it back to almost like new condition and remove the 'dark circle' you refer to.
The batteries are cheap and easily obtainable so it definately worth a try, if the old batteries have been removed your odds of having a working watch are improved as leaking old batteries are a big cause of irreversable module damage, the batteries you will need are probably LR44 - A13 USA size..... I think.
This site is a good source of information if you have any problems, especially for beginners (like me)
Welcome to the forum and good luck.

jetman1979

: A new guy with a Compuchron question

Post25 May 2008, 20:37

Thank you bucko for your advice and battery type. There were no battries in the watch and there is no corrosion inside so I be it will fire up with a couple of new battries.

Return to Members of DWF