It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:51

Hello World

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

quietman

Techie

Techie

Hello World

Post06 Nov 2011, 20:37

Hi,

Been collecting mechanical watches for a while and wanted an LED for a while but couldn't afford it. Managed to get hold of a sadly broken SS Novus which I'm having a bash at fixing.

Heres a pic of the case and strap -

[img][img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1567/novuscaseunfinished.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is work in progress. If you're sharp you'll notice that two of the machine finished faces of the standard bezel have been polished. In the stock photos of this model on this site and the .net LED archive the 12 and 6 o'clock sloping faces are rough machine finished. I did this because I thought it would look better and I'm pretty happy with the result. The strap needs some work - probably polished middle sections of the links and smooth brushed outer sections. And the whole thing needs properly finishing - still a little caked in Tcut. I have no doubt that some of you traditionalists will be vomiting into your keyboards at the thought of such willful vandalism of an 'Objet Authentique'. But I don't care and neither does the watch......

If you want to see how upset the innards of this watch are then check out the pictures on my posting 'Novus Project' on the Work Bench

I may have another project in the post from Spain. But it might have to go straight in the trash when I see it. Hope Not. Its and LCD.

Rgds,

MP.[/img]

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: Hello World

Post07 Nov 2011, 05:47

Neat watch. Good luck with the project. I'm a sucker for any "TV" shaped watch like this one.

-abe.

Return to Members of DWF