It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:44

Hello (again)!

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Hello (again)!

Post07 Feb 2012, 21:29

I'm sorry I haven't been active here for such a long time! Since I retired from the optical biz, I've been busier than ever. Also, my watch collecting addiction has taken an alarming jump into more vintage mechanical watches, G-Shocks, a couple of ABC watches, and even some modern watches. But vintage LED and LCD's are still my favourites! 8-) Here is my collection so far (add to it a Pulsar Executive, and a G-Shock DW5600):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Too many watches, not enough wrists... ;-)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Hello (again)!

Post08 Feb 2012, 00:15

amen :-D can i have a close-up shot of the 5 lcd on the left under.

Pretty impressive : and i even like the way you showed them off :O`~ ...and what are you wearing lately?
not the dress..i mean the watch ~:( :twisted:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Post08 Feb 2012, 01:35

The Seikos? Coming right up!
Top row L to R: Casio CA 53W, Casio CD401, Seiko C153-5007
Middle: Seiko A158-5059, Birks (ESA module), Bulova (unknown HongKong module) Rodania CombiQuartz
Bottom: Seiko O439-5009, Seiko A914-5A09.

All except the two Casio CA 53W and the Bulova I have brought back to life myself. Most were thrift store finds.
Such a nerd. :roll:
~Sherry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Post08 Feb 2012, 02:30

kasper wrote:amen :-D can i have a close-up shot of the 5 lcd on the left under.

Pretty impressive : and i even like the way you showed them off :O`~ ...and what are you wearing lately?
not the dress..i mean the watch ~:( :twisted:

Thanks! The watch display base was donated to me by one of my watchmaker friends. As was my watch bench and a bunch of tools and dead watches to play with.

Lately I've been wearing my Pulsar Exec, but also my G-Shock DW5600, my vintage Tudor Oyster, and my vintage Seiko 6139 chrono. Actually, most of the watches in my collection work their way into my rotation on a regular basis; the G's and sport/dive watches mostly in summer, the dress, LED and LCD's mostly in winter.

~Sherry.

Return to Members of DWF