It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:58

New guy

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

pknopp

New guy

Post27 Oct 2012, 17:55

Just got registered. I only have one digital watch but I enjoy learning as much as I can about the things I own.

I have a 1977 Bulova Drivers Watch. Works great. I found this site looking for a piece for it which I guess I will get into later.
For now, it's time to check out what all is here.

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Re: New guy

Post27 Oct 2012, 18:07

Welcome to the forum Pknopp! You've got a very nice watch I must say.The Bulova Computron "Driver" watch is very stunning in my opinion, both the gold filled and stainless steel versions. I'm pretty sure that soon your collection might feature more than just an LED watch... :-P
Image Image

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post27 Oct 2012, 18:22

Welcome to the forum pknopp :-D

The missing band link might prove tricky to find but it's always worth asking, I am often surprised by what can be found just by asking the question. It might be worth doing an eBay search for a complete band, or an old beater to salvage the band from, hopefully you will get lucky :-D

pknopp

Post27 Oct 2012, 18:36

bucko170 wrote:Welcome to the forum pknopp :-D

The missing band link might prove tricky to find but it's always worth asking, I am often surprised by what can be found just by asking the question. It might be worth doing an eBay search for a complete band, or an old beater to salvage the band from, hopefully you will get lucky :-D

Yes, thank you. I posted a want ad. I've been watching eBay and I'm sure something will show up sooner or later but I would like to wear it. :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post27 Oct 2012, 23:20

Welcome Pknopp, don't forget your location in your preferences. We have members here from all over the world and it's good to know what your location is.
Btw you could always try a temporary leader band.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

pknopp

Post28 Oct 2012, 04:40

kasper wrote:Welcome Pknopp, don't forget your location in your preferences. We have members here from all over the world and it's good to know what your location is.
Btw you could always try a temporary leader band.

Thanks, I'll take care of that. I think in this case the original band just looks so right on this watch. I have leather bands on other watches and they are more comfortable for everyday wear, but I really like this watch with the factory band.

Return to Members of DWF