It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:30

Hi - New Member

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

s_elias

Geek

Geek

Hi - New Member

Post30 Jan 2013, 09:19

Hello,

I'm a new member and have been "hooked" on collecting digital watches (and mechanical as well ;)

I have a few bulova's, hamilton's in various needs of TLC, and others to experiment with. Additionally I have an LED Pen that I need help with getting the setting going, it's a qualitron. If some one can scan the original instructions and let me know what size batteries it takes I would appreciate it.

I have many questions which I'll post over the next few weeks as well :) Maybe one day I can answer a few as well :)

I have a technical background, so I what to learn as much as possible from the masters including wire bonding by hand.

btw - Is there a database of modules somewhere that contains pictures and various models?

Thanks !

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Hi - New Member

Post30 Jan 2013, 17:10

Hi Elias, and welcome to the board from us moderators.

Shoot and we will help you and don't forget to post shots of your watches..we love to see them

I also have Qualitron led pens as you all ready have read..just open it like you put new batts in and push the inside towards the batt.. that way you can set it.

Have fun
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

s_elias

Geek

Geek

Re: Hi - New Member

Post30 Jan 2013, 17:35

Thanks Kasper,

I've been learning alot just reading some of the old threads from you, old joe, and others.

One note on the pen, it is lighting up - Yah ! - however I think I'm missing a part / battery cover.

When I open it up, the only item covering the batteries is a spring :(

I think at one time there may have been a cover with a hole over the spring to keep everything in place. Can you confirm?

Also do you have any leads on replacement ink refills for these? I think the length is ~35mm and 3mm wide.

Return to Members of DWF