It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:49

OK, so not the *first* post maybe...

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

Ambermile

OK, so not the *first* post maybe...

Post17 May 2014, 12:21

Hi all

Joined your site a few days ago looking for some info on a watch I have and thought perhaps I had better let you know who I am! Name is Arthur, I am a CNC engineer making broadcast cameras in Bury St Edmunds (now that is - I am a contract engineer so work all over the place - last year making aircraft parts... ). Interest in LEDs comes from having a rather nice Accurist when I was 16 (1976) which at the time cost me over a week and a half's wages (about £62). I loved that watch but got married young and moved a few times and... well you know, life got in the way!

Currently I do have a few watches, nothing special (bar the one you know about), but one day I'll get that Accurist again! Some pics of all I have now - although I do have some of those stone age ones too :D

So that's a Fossil (incorrect internal but I love the style), a mint Compuchron - no internal :( , a gold Compuchron, all working, an Accurist, no internals cracked face, a Mercury? all working, a no name with a Fairchild module needing repair, that Suriano one and finally the Accurist LCD, my daily watch now that the second hand fell off the Seiko :o

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: OK, so not the *first* post maybe...

Post17 May 2014, 22:02

Welcome Arthur to our board...not bad for a start.

i like the one with the fairshild module...love the fish style bracelet.

Cnc...time to start thinking about designing your own watch :-D

Great to have you onboard.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: OK, so not the *first* post maybe...

Post20 May 2014, 07:08

You should call round on Lloyd (MrFrequency) and have a look at his stunning collection, he is quite local to you and having visited myself I can confirm that it would be well worth a visit.

Return to Members of DWF