It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:08

Back again..

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Back again..

Post11 Jan 2016, 03:01

Hello everyone!

was offline for some time (nearly two months) as I saved all my vacation for moving again (twice in 2015) and renovating our new home. That also meant a few customers had to wait longer than normal and I would like to thank you for the patience you had with me. I think that customers should come first but my soldering tools and machines were put away and I always had to prepare something so that craftspeople could do their job. I had no connection to the www for 45 days!! I did not even know that it is possible in 2016 to live without internet. Christmas was 5 hours maybe and the forum had to do without the advent candles which is not acceptable!

Anyway, the module production just started again and I am working until 2 AM each day to repair all the watches you have shipped during that time. I am sure that it will take additional two weeks until everything is returned.The #HGWC website is offline and I am working on that issue during this week.

The good part is that our "new" home was built in 1970 and is packed full of strange stuff from the LED watch era. For example there are vintage built-in wall speakers from Braun. That´s somethings special as 99% of all houses here are brick built or made from concrete so that you have to prepare those holes in advance. Interesting as well is that there´s an antique system for dimming flourescent tubes with the help of heating transformers and something that I had never seen before and is directly translated to "ignition sock". That´s kind of a copper mesh which goes over the tube and works as an anode to start the tube with a lower voltage. By the way the flourescent tubes are dated 1969, still working (!) and from General Electric Made in USA.

I wish everyone a pleasant and healthy 2016 and of course a nice addition to the digital watch collection.
Hanno

:dwf:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: Back again..

Post11 Jan 2016, 04:58

Good to have you back Hanno.
Perhaps next time you move or are going to be away for some time, may
I suggest you give everyone some warning. ;-)
I was getting a smidgen concerned.
While others were gitting a little tetchy. :grin1:

Nah stuff it it's your life do as you please.
Life's to short anyway. :Prost: :Prost: :Prost:

I remember a 3 foot fluorescent fitting with an original tube from the 60's
still working in my fathers house when he past away in 2007.
They certainly don't make 'em like they used to.
Enjoy your new pad. :Prost:
:dwf:
Pete
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Return to Members of DWF