It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:00

SOLD -1970s Heuer Kentucky LCD digital watch + instructions.

Private Sales - NO EBAY
  • Author

JACK G

SOLD -1970s Heuer Kentucky LCD digital watch + instructions.

Post27 Dec 2018, 15:37

Sold elsewhere but thanks to the Forum for the sales facility.

I bought this watch about 15 years ago as non working 'New Old Stock'. After a long search I managed to source a non Heuer movement which had exactly the same font style and size for the numbers and exactly the same functions as the original. From the outside you cannot tell the watch does not have a Heuer movement.

Introduced in 1977 the original Heuer LCD movements were of poor quality and many failed early in life. One of the problems was that the wires going to the display were not encapsulated and as the solder dried out and they became brittle and detached. The module now fitted in my Kentucky does not have this problem and has always run perfectly.

I will also supply the original Heuer movement with the watch and at some future date someone may start repairing them as they do with some of the other Heuer digital movements.

The all stainless steel case is unpolished and super sharp with just some light surface marks and still showing all the original factory finishes. The case is 44mm top to bottom - 39mm wide excluding buttons and 9mm thick.

The watch has just had a new battery fitted and all functions are working fine except for the light which has always been a little temperamental. For this reason I'm selling as 'light not working' and if it does for you then that's a bonus.

The bracelet is full size and has removable links plus eight adjustment positions on the clasp so should fit any size wrist. The clasp has a locking pin for security when closed.

The original instruction book (which is even harder to find than the watch) is in excellent condition. The Kentucky is a chronograph with split second timing memory, date, month and day functions so you really need these instructions to set it up and use it.

£525 to include Royal Mail Next Day Delivery within the UK or £10 if you live abroad.
Collection from East London/Essex border an option too.

Payment as Bank Transfer, Paypal (as a gift please) or cash if collecting.

Please let me have your email address if you would like further pics of other angles and original module. Any questions please ask.

heuer face 2.JPG

heuer side.JPG

heuer side 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to For Sale