It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:04

Seiko LC Just Pooped Out on Me

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

gunzman

Seiko LC Just Pooped Out on Me

Post12 Jan 2006, 22:56

I just picked up my "Grail" Seiko LC 0674-5009 from my mailbox, opened the box, pulled out the watch, set the time, looked up and the entire display vanished - arrragh. The side window light is now the only thing that works - damn! I carefully cleaned some of the green corrosion off some of the battery compartment connections but to no avail. Since the watch was working can someone suggest a possible fix or reason why the display conked out? The battery in it right now is fine. Does someone on the Forum know anyone who works on these watches?

Thanks,

Konrad

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: Seiko LC Just Pooped Out on Me

Post13 Jan 2006, 16:42

I remember I had the same problem on a different LCD watch. There was only the light working and I thought the module is dead. Then I cleaned all contacts and used new batteries and it worked again.

Really dunno what the cause was as when the light works the battery and contacts should be fine, shouldnt they? Digital watches sometimes act strange.

www.digitalwatches.de

Re: Seiko LC Just Pooped Out on Me

Post25 Mar 2006, 22:02

Hello Konrad,

if the watch was working fine so far (and now only the light works), I guess the quartz itself stopped vibrating. Can be checked easily with any quartz tester. If so, this is probably caused by a defect quartz crystal or an internal IC defect. First defect could be repaired, the last one is irreparable.

Greetings

digitalwatches

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches