NOS Casio DBC-610's?

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

redled

Techie

Techie

NOS Casio DBC-610's?

Post08 Jan 2007, 17:32

Hi, does anyone know if the NOS Casio DBC-610's showing up on ebay are fakes?

Has anyone bought one and opened it up? I'd love to see pictures if it's radically differenct from the originals.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: NOS Casio DBC-610's?

Post08 Jan 2007, 17:39

Hardly seems worth faking at $45-50 :? More likely someone stumbled across a pallet of them that were sitting somewhere.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

redled

Techie

Techie

Post08 Jan 2007, 18:14

Yea I know, but I saw this thread about fake Casio AL-180's http://www.soluhr.com/fakecasio.htm

That sure looks like a fake to me, and in that thread casiofanatic mentions the fake DB-610's.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post08 Jan 2007, 20:30

I read all thru the article, and the postings....seems to be a bit of debate on how profitable it could be, and whether or not additional or changed versions of this may have been made by Casio or a Casio supplier. It's like Hughes 25mm modules - I've seen them in at least 5 different colors, some with a screw style trimmer, some with a square bit trimmer. Not sure how paranoid one should get over this.

I wish at least one of the links on that page worked. :x
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post08 Jan 2007, 20:53

little1up wrote:...I wish at least one of the links on that page worked. :x
Try this (you must be a member, but IIRC you are)

redled

Techie

Techie

Post09 Jan 2007, 00:27

little1up wrote:I read all thru the article, and the postings....seems to be a bit of debate on how profitable it could be, and whether or not additional or changed versions of this may have been made by Casio or a Casio supplier. It's like Hughes 25mm modules - I've seen them in at least 5 different colors, some with a screw style trimmer, some with a square bit trimmer. Not sure how paranoid one should get over this.

I wish at least one of the links on that page worked. :x

I have no idea if it's profitable or not, but I don't see how Casio even on their worst day could build the crap that's inside that AL-180 B.

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches