It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:38

Buler LCD

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

krippak

Buler LCD

Post28 Feb 2007, 23:41

Hello! I recently picked up a vintage (70s? 80s? ) "Buler" Ana -Digi watch. Sadly the watch does not work :( I tried to google for some info about this watch, but couldn't find anything.. I saw a "Tissot F1" which pretty much looked the same, but without the asymmetrical case.
Does anyone recognize this watch? Someone here might have a working module for it...? :roll:

Thanks for a great forum! Regards / Christian

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

re: Buler LCD

Post07 Mar 2007, 23:46

Hi Christian- You are correct that is the same base module as the Tissot 1978 F1 watch. A number of the Companies in the ESA group used it to produce these complex analog/digital watches (which has one of the most annoying setting sequences there is). As far as I know the Buler came in three case styles- your attractive assym. one, a square one and the special they made for BMW Motorsport to mark the introduction of the M1 Supercar (Buler sponsored a team in the M1 race series in 1979) which is a gross horseshoe shaped black watch.
Is your watch truely dead or just hung up? Try taking the battery out, leaving it for an hour, replacing the battery and then pressing the the three function buttons (not the light button) for ten seconds and seeing if the LCD clears to show Dd with DOW, date & seconds counting forward.

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches