It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:05

Can this be fixed?

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

Jem

Can this be fixed?

Post01 Apr 2007, 17:18

I am a mechanical watch guy normally but got an urge to buy a 'digital' a few weeks ago...I got this SeikoA639-5020 for next to nothing and figured if it didnt work them the bracelet would be useful at some point. Anyway, I have cleaned the exterior and then got to looking inside. This is what I found.....does it just need a battery or is some kind of contact plate missing that would hold the battery in?
Is it fixable or not worth the trouble..?
Any ideas appreciated, and many thanks in anticipation...
Regards
Jem
Hope I am on the right forum?
[/img]

hobby1

re: Can this be fixed?

Post08 May 2007, 20:37

For more helpful solution i can send you this module who's working fine except the lcd who's partally black; you'll just have to take away the plate or replace the LCD DISPLAY FROM MINE TO YOUR WATCH. :o
HERE TO HELP YOU TO FIND OUT SOME PARTS AND OR WATCHES. ALSO TO EXCHANGE INFORMATIONS...

Jem

Post08 May 2007, 20:48

ahhhh!!!...believe it or not, I literally just sold the watch 2 nights ago because I waited for a reply here but didn't think anyone had a solution.
I sold it as 'not working'....but it was worth it for the price of the seiko bracelet.
I have another question though...has anyone ever bought from 'hkexporter' on ebay from Hong Kong?
His items look great and the prices are good and he is really helpful in his mails...so, does anyone have any references because I know nothing about digital watches and their authenticity..
Many thanks for your friendly reply though...
Jem

hobby1

Post08 May 2007, 21:10

Never test this business but for beeing sure to have good collectors watches why not to buy old ones NOS i have so many to propose to you...
HERE TO HELP YOU TO FIND OUT SOME PARTS AND OR WATCHES. ALSO TO EXCHANGE INFORMATIONS...

Jem

Post08 May 2007, 23:09

hi...i sent you a PM
Regards
Jem

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches