It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:34

Time setting on Segtronic Epsa Optel etc.

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

leddwatch

Banned

Time setting on Segtronic Epsa Optel etc.

Post08 May 2007, 23:36

Dear friends, I should know this but I dont, on these early lcd watches, dsm and field effect, Ive noticed that some modules dont time advance after you have set the time, they just stay on the time that you have set. I can always get them going eventually with a little pushing and pulling on the crown, the time will start to advance again...... am I missing something? Thankyou!!

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

re: Time setting on Segtronic Epsa Optel etc.

Post09 May 2007, 08:30

Ye, it's all a bit fiddly to get the time set and get the watch running as well! ...

I have found that letting go of the crown either leaves it in pause or stays in an none documented pause/hours mode(depending which way you are turning the crown). You have to let go of the crown and then quick as a flash move it back to the somewhere between the 12 - 1 o'clock position manually. Just letting go when setting the hours doesn't always work for me.

instruction for an Optel below, sorry for the size - have to get your magnifying glass out!l

Hope this helps :D

It is here! It is now!

leddwatch

Banned

Post09 May 2007, 09:34

Licky thanks, I didnt ever realise the exact setting proceedure, you are a Prince amongst men....

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 May 2007, 10:27

Hi, there were at least two different setting mechanisms in these watches. From what you have written about some giving you problems I suspect these are the earlier mech. In this mech you have to push the "winder" in to engage two crown gears and then turn it either left or right to the stop to advance H or M. When you have done this you have to turn the winder back to the centre position- it does not have any detents to aid you and it is not spring centred- and then relese the pressure to disengage the gears. If you release the button before turning back to the centre it is possible to leave the switch very close to a setting contact at which point the last thirty years accumulated debris may possibly form a path for leakage currents to flow causing erratic displays. The instructions show the later switch system which only requires you to twist the knob to the detented positions to function properly and is much easier to use.

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Post09 May 2007, 11:08

Old Tom, you are right, :oops:

On my Lucien and Optel You keep the crown held in and move it to the 'Normal' Postion before releasing.

:D
It is here! It is now!

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches