It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:41

80$ for a NOS Pulsar LED model 3140..

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

marba1065

80$ for a NOS Pulsar LED model 3140..

Post08 Jun 2007, 13:44

Hello friends,

I recently "won" a NIB Pulsar LCD model 3140 SS from eBay for $80.

Do you think I paid much money for this watch? Is it something without great value? Not collectable? Because I "won" this watch very easy. Only with 2 bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1)

Many thanks in advance for your opinions.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

re: 80$ for a NOS Pulsar LED model 3140..

Post08 Jun 2007, 19:05

I'm no pulsar expert but i think that watch was made after Seiko bought the name, regarding its worth, if you are happy with it-and why not, it looks a very handsome watch to me- then its worth what you paid :D

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Jun 2007, 20:13

Aren't these the ones greg ratcliff was offering for $100-125 bucks each. Genuine Pulsar pre seiko and the last models ever made by the "real"pulsar company. You paid a nice price for a quality watch and there's more about them at Oldpulsars website. Check out his mens models, that'll have plentyl of info on them. Nice looking watch but where's the funny little red lights?????

collector

Techie

Techie

Post08 Jun 2007, 20:14

If you visit the oldpulsars.com website (which is considered THE Official web site for information on old Pulsar's, both, LED & LCD), and look up this model LCD watch you will find its history. According to the web site, IT was THE last Time Computer watch made prior to Seiko obtaining the brand name.

link = http://www.oldpulsars.com/

Very interesting that THE designer of the Pulsar LED watch passed away with one of these dress LCD's on his wrist and not one of the LED's!!!
Last edited by collector on 08 Jun 2007, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Jun 2007, 20:15

Very interesting that THE designer of the Pulsar LED watch passed away with one of these dress LCD's on his wrist and not one of the LED's!!!

Senility. It's the only explanation. :P

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: 80$ for a NOS Pulsar LED model 3140..

Post08 Jun 2007, 20:37

marba1065 wrote:Hello friends,

I recently "won" a NIB Pulsar LCD model 3140 SS from eBay for $80.

Do you think I paid much money for this watch? Is it something without great value? Not collectable? Because I "won" this watch very easy. Only with 2 bids.
Many thanks in advance for your opinions.

Marba - Welcome! I'm thinking it is a pretty decent "catch" at $80 - the box(while not true to the '70s LEDs) makes a nice box for any Pulsar, the mesh band is very nice, and the pictures from the front never do that watch justice, IMO, due to the contour of it, which is not evident from the front. Actually, very hard to capture the essence of it in a picture.

I personally bought two of the stainless and two of the gold ones from Mr. Ratcliff at the higher($100) price....don't know if they will appreciate in value, but I thought they were very nice, and I believe they are the last of the "real" (pre-Seiko) Pulsars. 8)

Senility? This being worn by its designer, who was also the designer of many of the LED Pulsars, just proves that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! :lol: "Crazy like a fox".
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

marba1065

Thanks....

Post11 Jun 2007, 09:46

Thanks to all for your replies.

I m trying to get some Pulsar (pre-SEIKO), not only for collection but for wearing them.

In Greece (the country I live) "Pulsar LEDs" is something exotic! So I like very much wearing LED Pulsars, BUT the prices from eBAY are crazy!

So I bought recently a NOS Pulsar LED 3502 Sports (from Barbie) and I love it! I wear it almost all the time.

Now I'm waiting to get the NOS Pulsar LCD, I will love it also.

I know almost everything for the history of LED technology, TIME Computer, etc. and I would like very very much to be able - sometime - to get an old - but working - Pulsar LED (P2, P3, P4) in my wrist.

Once again, I thank you all, I'm fun of this forum.

Greg Ratcliff

Techie

Techie

Post23 Jun 2007, 03:03

I had both LCD models on ebay. And I was running a Memorial day special on them At $80 for the SS and $100 for the GF. If anyone here is interested in them at those prices ,contact me at gsratman1@netzero.net I will be glad to sell them at that price + shipping handling and insurance. Greg Ratcliff

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches