Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Citizen lcd

Post25 Sep 2007, 15:23

Anyone seen one of these before...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRES-RARE-CITIZEN-LCD-DES-ANNEES-70-DESIGN-SPACE-AGE_W0QQitemZ150162593121QQihZ005QQcategoryZ116458QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just wondering what kind of display that is. My guess would be negative lcd but it looks almost like a dsm?

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: Citizen lcd

Post25 Sep 2007, 19:44

Hm, very interesting.
At first glance thought "modern", but the seller writes "70s" (which means nothing... we've seen LED watches from the 60s or even 50s), and compared with a plastic TI LED watch it could be from the 70s.
If it's modern, it's either inverse or mirrored like the Puma Sirius watches.
If it's really 70s, it's quite probably DSM. But putting an expensive (at that time) DSM in a plastic case doesn't make sense.

I tend to "modern", despite what the seller writes - but I also don't know anything about Japanese LCD watches of the 70s (despite the earliest Seikos of course ;-))

I hope someone knows more.

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

: Citizen lcd

Post26 Sep 2007, 09:55

The one thing that put me off throwing a bit of cash at it (just on the off chance that it was dsm) was the word chronograph under item specifics. But then after the auction ended I saw it also says case and strap stainless steel so I guess he's just forgotten to delete some stuff from his template.

This guy has sold quite a few digital watches in the past so I presume he knows his stuff. I reckon it's a back-lit inverse lcd. That'd explain the dark blue picture.

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches