Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

seikoric

Geek

Geek

Catena Spacesonic - Dugena relation?

Post23 Nov 2007, 04:06

Hi all,

when i purchased my Catena it came in a Dugena box, i was just wondering if that was the original box or if the guy who sold it to me just put it in there himself

I searched for Dugena LCD's on ebay and did find a retro watch similiar in a way to the Catena so i was wondering if there was a connection and if it is correct or not. If not i'll just get rid of it... - the box that is, not the watch ;)

Cheers, Ric

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Catena Spacesonic - Dugena relation?

Post23 Nov 2007, 05:00

Dugena is a well known German Company, now owned by Junghans. Catena is Swiss. No connection to each other, but don't pitch the box...someone with a Dugena would be tickled to have it. :-P

Nice watch.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

seikoric

Geek

Geek

Post27 Nov 2007, 03:54

Thanks,l

Actually i was wondering, the watch doesnt say anywhere what it is a Catena just has a symbol like so -

Is this for definate a Catena? I have only heard it called that on the internet but would like to know for sure

Cheers! Ric

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post27 Nov 2007, 06:50

Just curious...Does it say Catena on the back of the watch?

seikoric

Geek

Geek

Post27 Nov 2007, 06:52

No, just swiss made and some other words and the symbol above (its not in front of me now so i cant remember exactly)

Cheers, Ric

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Nov 2007, 10:40

Thats a Catena logo. You can see it on the dial of this watch which was sold a while back by Mitch at Watchismo.com...

http://www.watchismo.com/gal99.htm

The Spacesonic was designed by Andre Le Marquand who is most famous for his Spaceman Audacieuse watches. Which probably explains why it looks so damn cool.

Probably just a coincidence but Dugena did also use the esa movement which is in this watch.

I want one...

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post01 Jan 2008, 18:21

the Catena Spacesonic was also sold as Spaceman. Catena produced most of the Spaceman watches designed by LeMarquand.
The module is and ESA LCD chrono sold also with Longines, Rado, Wittnauer watches.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches