Bracelet Adjustment on Pulsar LCDs

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

charger105

Guru

Guru

Bracelet Adjustment on Pulsar LCDs

Post30 Jan 2008, 08:14

Has anyone got any idea what can be done to adjust the mesh bracelet on the Pulsar LCD Dress models (5140 and 3140).

I have skinny wrists, and have made the bracelet as small as possible via the clasp adjustment, but it's still far too large. Do I have to lift weights so that I am able to wear this model ?

Rgds,
Andrew.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

: Bracelet Adjustment on Pulsar LCDs

Post14 Feb 2008, 12:07

as far as I remember the mesh bands were made in two or three sizes as the clasp adjustment is only for fine tuning
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post14 Feb 2008, 16:24

Unsolder the clasp connector(pulls right off when hot enough), fill the mesh of the band with silver solder at the area where you want to cut it - this stabilizes the mesh for sawing with a fine jeweler's saw. Resolder clasp connector on, sopping up any extra solder on outside of mesh with solder-wick. Great job for small "pencil flame" butane torch(get one that stands upright with the flame coming out horizontally).....propane torch is too big, soldering iron can't create enough heat.
:idea: Cut it slightly long so you can conceal your handywork within the clasp. :-)

Other [saner] alternative - buy another band that is shorter and put the Pulsar clasp on it. That is just a standard springbar held band...unlike the LED Dress watch.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post14 Feb 2008, 17:30

8-) that's a solution for Pro's only, Ed.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: : Bracelet Adjustment on Pulsar LCDs

Post14 Feb 2008, 18:11

azimuth_pl wrote:8-) that's a solution for Pro's only, Ed.

Not really, IMO. I think some of our members are very handy people who enjoy a challenge... :-) 15 minutes work if all goes well. A fine tooth jeweler's saw(or extra fine hacksaw) will do a neat job once the links are secured with the silver solder. Similar to cutting thin sheet metal with it between two pieces of wood to prevent ripping. 8-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches