Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

charger105

Guru

Guru

Seiko 0624 LCD

Post09 Mar 2008, 14:21

Hi All.
I just scored an early Seiko 0624 LCD from a market. It's not working at all, but the module looks very clean......hopefully I can fix it !!
It's the same model as Seikoric is selling:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seiko-0624-Quartz ... 0222089002

It's a sweet looking watch, but I know nothing about them. Hopefully someone can answer my questions:

What's the push/pull knob on the side for ?
Which button operates the light ?
Are there any scans of operating instructions out there ?

Rgds,
Andrew.

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

: Seiko 0624 LCD

Post09 Mar 2008, 18:24

Hi, these are lovely simple watches and can almost always be made to work (unless there is corrosion damage). Start by going to the Seiko Germany site and downloading the technical/repair manual for the 0624 module- everything you would want to know! One thing to look out for on this watch is the leaf spring case closure- it needs quite a lot of force to depress it sufficiently to open the case. The button on the side is the lock/unlock switch for the setting mechanism (these mechanical switches in early Seikos are a constant source of trouble- have to be spotlessly clean). Can't remember which is the light button, must be the left or the right one :lol: - tech manual does say!

charger105

Guru

Guru

: Seiko 0624 LCD

Post10 Mar 2008, 13:04

Thanks OldTom.
I'd never have found this info. I wonder why only the German site has the old technical pages ?

Anyway, I don't think it's going to work. No signs of life at all. The light won't even illuminate via the button. I've checked the bulb and it works fine (there's some sort of IC feeding the globe (SS relay ?)). I've hit all the solder points with an iron in case there's a dry joint. Still no good.

Thanks anyway.
Andrew.

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches