Seiko H357 - For Your Eyes Only

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Seiko H357 - For Your Eyes Only

Post15 Aug 2008, 20:51

I'm so happy I finally caught one of these!
It's not the flashiest vintage LCD, but for those of you who may be James Bond fans, you will recognize it as the watch Bond wore in the 1981 movie For Your Eyes Only. It's not the *exact* model though. The exact one says Seiko on the face instead of on the case - big whoop.
For the price I paid I'm not losing any sleep over that.
I just wish I could find a good paint to touch up the nicks on the bezel.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

cte

Techie

Techie

: Seiko H357 - For Your Eyes Only

Post19 Aug 2008, 13:08

i love anything bond related.. gadgets, cars, girls, but especially watches. ;-)

nice find man. i cant seem to view the picture in any size larger than the thumbnail though. is it just my browser? i would love to see this in more detail.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post21 Aug 2008, 19:31

A fellow Bond Fan - cool! The gadgets... the girls.... I hear ya!
It would be nice to collect them - but I don't think they age as gracefully as the cars, watches, etc.
Hmm... you're right. This thumbnail refuses to open.
Let's try this one:

[img=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2679/seikoh357fyeoyj2.th.jpg]

>> I apologize for the slightly out of focus pic. :oops:

cte

Techie

Techie

Post23 Aug 2008, 00:45

awesome 8-)

i have been looking for a good screen shot of the watch from the film. all i can come up with is this slightly stretched image:

http://www.pocketcalculatorshow.com/ner ... 7-h357.jpg

... and i'm laughing my as off about collecting bond girls! hahaha! if i had the option, and i was really honest with myself, i would rather collect bond girls than bond watches... but alas.. i think you would be right... by now, i would have half a room full of old grandma's lol! ...shame :roll:

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post23 Aug 2008, 00:54

i would rather collect bond girls than bond watches... but alas.. i think you would be right... by now, i would have half a room full of old grandma's lol!

Too true cte! But anyone from the '90's to present would be quite collectable. 8-) Then again - the maintainance and upkeep would make you broke in no-time! Even for just one of those little lovelies! :-P

Yes, I've seen that screen shot on the pocketcal website too. I've seen some better screen shots on the Bond websites. I forget which one, but a google search for "Seiko H357" will bring it up.
Do you have any Bond watches??

Cheers!

cte

Techie

Techie

Post23 Aug 2008, 23:32

i have a p2... no other bond watches or gadgets unfortunately. :(

i always loved any kind of digital gadget when i was a kid, in the early 80's, particularly watches. i never had a seiko though. i always got casio's for birthdays and chrimases.

i actually had never even looked at a seiko, with any interest anyway, until about a year ago. i have a very small collection now, and i love them all. the two that i want the most though, i have yet to get hold of. they would be the Seiko M516 (the one that records voice notes) and the a966 (the talking one. in silver). both would have to be at the right price of course. ;-)

none of the bond seiko's had ever really jumped out at me (especially the G757. i think thats real ugly), but the more i look at the H357, the more i like it . its discrete, looks super solid, and its smart. i will definitely be adding one to my wanted list. :-D and i love the seiko ad for it, shown over at this bond site:

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/index ... ga&g=ga016

i've not come across that site before. if you haven't browsed it, check out the gadgets section. there is a 1/8th scale remote control db5, with remote control working gadgets lol!!! haha!!! god... i would have died for that when i was younger!!! goldfinger was even on uk tv this afternoon... what a movie! 8-)

what about you LEDluvr? do you have any other bond stuff? maybe a db5 or a teri hatcher tucked away somewhere?

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post28 Aug 2008, 19:59

what about you LEDluvr? do you have any other bond stuff? maybe a db5 or a teri hatcher tucked away somewhere?

LOL! I wish! I can say I've seen Terri Hatcher in person a few times. For a short while she was doing walks on a trail in Studio City, CA where I go jogging. She looks great from afar, but up close you can see that she has weathered some - but her bod is in great shape! I haven't seen her at all this year, but I've seen in the gossip mags that she has finally 'given into' the botox and nip-tuck pressures. She probably looks wonderful - and would make a good addition to any man's Bond collection. :-P

I have 3 Pulsars but not a P2... yet. I have 2 G757's, got each at a great price but neither are the exact 'horse shoe' model from the movie. I love the display on that model! But the horse shoe case takes a little getting used to. I also have the memory calander Seiko from Moonraker, but the case is slightly different as well. Hmm... I seem to have a pattern here. :oops: I must agree with your opinion about the H357 -it's a smart looking watch and I wholly recommend getting one! Marcos' Bondtoys.de website has some EXCELENT watches there - but way out of my price range at the moment. He has a lot of other cool Bond stuff there too.

And thanks for the Bond Lifestyle link - I'll check it out.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post28 Aug 2008, 20:04

cte - I have seen this Bond website before. And yes, VERY cool ad.
I always loved that "For Your Eyes Only" poster. Not sure why, could it be the crossbow?? Nooo.... The way Bond stands there pointing the gun? No, that's not it.. Hmm... I'm going to have to stare at this ad some more to figure it out... :lol:

vintagewatches

Nerd

Nerd

Post02 Sep 2008, 18:27

How about these ones?

Thanks
Kashif
http://www.vintagedigitalwatches.com

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post02 Sep 2008, 21:40

Very nice Kashif. I see you (or someone) took of the black paint on the are surrounding the face. Probably looks better than having a bezel with a lot of scratches. Interesting that the watch on the right does not have traditional screwes holding down the bezel?? Never seen that before...

cte

Techie

Techie

Post12 Oct 2008, 19:08

mmm... nice kashif.

i have really got to get me one of these.

i am selling a few watches this week to build some spare cash. i am SO broke right now lol! maybe i will get one when the cash comes rolling in! ;-)

long live bond!!!! ...and roll on the new movie... just in time for my birthday... i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

if you guys go and see it.. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches