Omega speedmaster lcd caliber 1620

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Omega speedmaster lcd caliber 1620

Post09 Oct 2008, 10:25

Howdy all. I'm in the process of restoring a somewhat battered Omega Speedy 1620. It's the last model they produced with the mirrored dial and almost oval shaped face. So far I've got the module running correctly, got the nightlight working and sorted out the pushers. Next job is the crystal and dial. My usual mode of dealing with badly scratched up mineral crystals on vintage lcd's is to make an exact copy out of high grade plexi-glass. Tends to be a lot quicker and gives better results than refinishing. However, I've got a problem with this one as the gorgeous mirrored dial is actually printed/glued onto the back of the glass making it impossible to replace it with anything other than an original part. (people should really bare this in mind when buying these watches with broken scratched up crystals - not an easy fix).

I'm wondering if anyone either has one of these in none working condition with decent glass or perhaps a spare crystal which they'd be willing to sell/swap me. Also could anyone please tell me what would be the best department to contact at Omega to enquire as to whether they stock these as replacement parts?

It's the same as this watch, but with a mirrored dial...

ImageImage

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches