Citizen Seven

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Citizen Seven

Post18 Oct 2008, 19:10

I recently brought this watch and also managed to find a copy of the instructions on the internet to go along with it.

I know it is nothing exceptional but I like the watch (it has that look) and I was wondering if anyone has any additional information about it.
Are there other variations of the same watch?
How rare it is?
I paid £26 for the watch did I get a bargain?

ImageImage

ImageImage

Regards Mick

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

: Citizen Seven

Post20 Oct 2008, 19:59

Very nice bucko170. I've seen a few Citizen Seven's in my life but never one like this. Very different = very cool. 8-) Congrats.
At 26 pounds I'd say you got a hell of a bargain -but I'm no expert on Citizens.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post20 Oct 2008, 21:39

Thanks for the reply LEDluvr.
The watch looks a lot better in the flesh. The photo has made the sections that are blanked out look more transparent than what they are, these sections are completely obscured when not being viewed via a photograph.
I did a search for Citizen 7 on ebay but all it comes up with an automatic model not a LCD?
Value doesn't always make a watch more desirable to me, I also like to collect Timex SSQ's LCD watches and I picked up a working one on those for 58p a few weeks ago :-D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post21 Oct 2008, 03:37

Oh yeah, like those frontal buttons. Hey, aren't you the guy that brought Chesty Morgan into the word association? I'm begining to see a pattern with you :eek:

I'm jealous - I'd think 75+ pounds for something that rare and nerd-acious. 8-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post21 Oct 2008, 15:24

Thanks Ed,
And yes it's true I do like frontal buttons :lol:
Regards Mick.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post21 Oct 2008, 18:06

That's a nice one - never seen one before.

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Oct 2008, 21:45

£26.00 was a bargain buy!- normally up around the £80-£85 mark when they appear. Quite a rare watch and exists in a number of different variations- metal or resin case, assorted button sizes/colours. Yours with the large buttons top & bottom and the two small ones in between is pretty rare, usually you see the four even size button models. Condition looks really nice, does it still have the Citizen bracelet? (these frequently get thieved as they are good quality).

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post22 Oct 2008, 00:04

Thanks for the information Old Tom, I usually buy the watch worth £26 for between £80 - £85 so it's nice to get it the right way around for a change.
The band is stamped 'Citizen' on the clasp so I would suspect it to be original to the watch - certainly looks to be anyhow.
The condition is good but not mint condition, it does have a few scratches here and there, nothing to nasty. All the watch functions are working as they should - which is good :-D
I will keep my eye out for the other variations to go along with this one!
Regards Mick

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches