It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:25

Realtime 1976 restore

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

supercasio

Realtime 1976 restore

Post01 Apr 2014, 08:29

Hallo.
I'm restoring a vintage Realtime LCD about 1976 (my first watch with a great sentimental value) but the module has serious problems: it works but after 1 day it's 1 or 2 hours late, after 3 days the battery is fault. I changed two battery, replacaced the quartz, adjust capacimeter but nothing and now the copper tracks are rising up and plastic rim is broke.
I think it's time to change the module but for his particulary thickness is not easy. Have any suggestions o replacement?
I'm available to put one similar also because the dial print is made by myself and I can reprint with a different display position but the fomat has to be in 6 digit, 24h, light, date and if present chronograph and the buttons must match.
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Realtime 1976 restore

Post01 Apr 2014, 15:13

Welcome to the board from all us.
These are not easy to repair, better search for a new (old) module. I will have a look if i can find anything that matches. Where are you from? Update your location in your personal prefs.

Btw i'm interested how you did the new dial.

:dwf: "willkommen"
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

supercasio

Post01 Apr 2014, 15:27

Ok, thank you. Profile updated. Waiting some news.

simone

Guru

Guru

Post01 Apr 2014, 16:32

supercasio wrote:Ok, thank you. Profile updated. Waiting some news.

Welcome Italiano!! I'm from Milano.... ;-)

:dwf:
Some watches are made to last only as long as they are fashionable
Some watches, simply are not made to last
Seiko watches are designed to withstand the ravages of both time and fashion
Someday perhaps, all watches will be made this way

supercasio

Post04 Apr 2014, 12:48

At the moment I'm trying a temporary job. Have found an identical module, same functions but 1,5mm higher and 1mm smaller but I adapted it.
It works fine, but I have to find a back cover more deep (diam.34mm on case, 35mm cover) so I can use it. Help?
I'm conscious that is just a temporary replacing waiting to find his original module but the emotion to see it alive is great!
Any suggestions about to switch this module (3 buttons chronograph without MODE) fron 12 to 24 hours? I'm became crazy about it.
Thanks.

supercasio

Post27 Feb 2017, 18:15

Ok, some news, after a couple years of research, I found the module and restored the watch. I made a new face with my PC as original printing and cleaned the case.
The problem now is the AM/PM setting that I have by default and have no way to change in 24h. I'm thinkig maybe is a US version but the display, in chronograph mode, it works in 6 digits!
I am conscious it is just a cheap watch, but remind my youth in the 70's and I'm so happy to see it again alive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches