• Author

simone

Guru

Guru

3 Casio...

Post22 Sep 2015, 16:06

Just bought nos in store

Casio GA-7 from 1987, band changed...
Casio DBC-610 from 1985-6 (i had one in 1988,the plastic version)
and Casio BM-610 with the original nylon pro trek band....from 1990

But.....one question...how works the BM-610?Anyone can help me?I only found the manual in german language and i don't understand anything :scratch: :eek:

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

:dwf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some watches are made to last only as long as they are fashionable
Some watches, simply are not made to last
Seiko watches are designed to withstand the ravages of both time and fashion
Someday perhaps, all watches will be made this way

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Re: 3 Casio...

Post22 Sep 2015, 23:50

I really like the Databank and the Aerobatics :-D

Pro treks are funny old watches. They have some amazing functions, they're pretty much indestructible and you can go diving with them.
But it's like Casio decided that they had to make them butt ugly so that people didn't stop buying G-shocks.

(My Prt-10 was crippled by a lost lug in a pool in Thailand last winter after 19 years of faithful service. I was so upset that I had to have another gin and tonic...)

cte

Techie

Techie

Post23 Sep 2015, 00:28

Nice casio selection. I like the look of the pro trek. Not seen one before. Very interesting look. :mega:

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post23 Sep 2015, 12:01

Congratulations. Very nice acquisition of some quite rare watches.
And now the bad news: it seems that nobody has an English manual for the rare Casio BM 610 available online; only German language manual is available, thanks to
http://mygshock.com/casio-manual/1284/
I have also a NOS BM 610 - module 1284 - for some time now, and I did not find any English manual available, after months of exhaustive WWW search :(.
Maybe we may kindly ask the members of this forum, who eventually own such a manual to provide digitized (scanned or PDF) copy for us.
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

simone

Guru

Guru

Post23 Sep 2015, 13:31

Maybe the store still has the manual...now it's time to search...! At the moment i'm using dates from a local weather italian website to adjust my casio but i'm sure it's the wrong way.. :scratch:

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post23 Sep 2015, 18:05

I've got one too (not as nice as yours)
Maybe, when I've got some time I can write in English how to set the watch :) (I can read German)
It's the only manual I've found so far :(
The other watches are super cool also :)

simone

Guru

Guru

Post23 Sep 2015, 18:27

[quote="dutchsiberia"]I've got one too (not as nice as yours)
Maybe, when I've got some time I can write in English how to set the watch :) (I can read German)
It's the only manual I've found so far :(

It would be great :!: ;-)

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post23 Sep 2015, 23:21

dutchsiberia wrote:I've got one too (not as nice as yours)

I am 99% sure that Mr. Dutchsiberia's watch is a Casio BM 600, not the BM 610. While they share the same 1284 module, there are some differences:

1. BM 610 - light grey colored plastic case, instead of black/dark grey on the lateral parts for BM 600.
2. BM 610 - Upper case inscriptions are with green letters, instead of the white ones on BM 600.
3. The original bracelet of BM 610 is textile with the Protrek inscription on the at the end of the bracelet, e.g. see below:
http://www.hablemosderelojes.com/forum/ ... rek-BM-610
while the original BM 600 has a black plastic bracelet with Protrek inscription on the upper part of the bracelet, near the case, as one may see below
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASIO-BM-600-NO ... 1802400599
4. Both are among the first watches in the Casio's ProTrek line, if not the first one (because the ATC 1000/1100 presented on protrek.eu has the module number 1170, while BM 600/610 has the later?!? 1284 module).
http://www.protrek.eu/euro/philosophy/
Also they are one of the Casio's vintage that has the "running man"animation on the screen, but - as a plus - also some other interesting/different animations for barometer and/or altimeter functions, which make them quite unique.

5. For unknown reasons, while both are quite rare, the BM 610 seems to be much more appreciated by the collectors and in NOS condition it is sold usually well above 100 Euro on Ebay.

Of course, any translation of the German only manual for the 1284 module will be much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches