It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:59

Omega Speedmaster LCD vs. Seiko A927-6000

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

NewOldStock

Omega Speedmaster LCD vs. Seiko A927-6000

Post13 Nov 2015, 07:47

I love all things Omega Speedmaster, including the LCD quartz models from the late 1970s. They are pretty rare and can get very costly. While saving money to build my digital Omega collection, I stumbled across the gorgeous Seiko A927-6000.

As you can see in the photo, it bears a strong resemblance to the round Speedmaster LCD, which is perhaps the rarest of them all. I purchased the A927-6000 a few years ago to hold me over until I found this particular Omega model, and it's become one of my favorite digitals. It has an awesome look and I love the similarity to the Omega. You'll notice that it doesn't have the original Seiko band, but I think this canvas strap suites it nicely.

If any of you own a Seiko A927-6000, I'd love to see your photos. I don't see this model for sale very often, and wouldn't mind buying one in mint condition. Drop me a message if you're interested. Hoping to see your collections.

Thanks all. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Caruso

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Omega Speedmaster LCD vs. Seiko A927-6000

Post13 Nov 2015, 22:58

That Seiko's a watch I'd love to do a video of. By having the seconds on the inside of the tachymeter scale I see you can still measure speed with the digital display.
Check out my vintage digital channel on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/danhay1137

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Omega Speedmaster LCD vs. Seiko A927-6000

Post19 Nov 2015, 10:04

very nice ones...big watches for that time. Even now they still look refined.
:dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches