It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:17

Seiko G757 - tips for battery changing, please!

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

Dave Matthews

Nerd

Nerd

Seiko G757 - tips for battery changing, please!

Post24 Dec 2015, 04:28

Hi folks,

I've got three of these lovely watches that need battery replacements... the problem is that the battery clamp screws are diminuitive in the extreme! I'm guessing the only realistic possibility of getting them back in is to grip the screw thread with a pair of tweezers in order to introduce the screw head onto the blade of a suitable magnetised screwdriver... while using my third hand to operate my electron microscope! ... Unless anyone has any handy alternative tips!

--

Many thanks!

Dave

charger105

Guru

Guru

Re: Seiko G757 - tips for battery changing, please!

Post24 Dec 2015, 14:05

Hi.
Only undo one screw..............just loosen the other screw. Then you can just swing the clamp out of the way.

To install, pick up the screw with your magnetic screwdriver, and manipulate with your fingers so that the blade sits in the screw slot. It should stay there.
With your other hand, swing the clamp around into position and hold it down. You can now insert the screw into the hole and tighten it up.
Rgds.

Dave Matthews

Nerd

Nerd

Post24 Dec 2015, 14:34

Thanks, Charger - just as I suspected!

I wish I had included "Magnetic Screwdriver" on my list to Santa! :nikolaus:

--

Cheers

Dave

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post24 Dec 2015, 18:18

NO, STOP! On the G757 the battery clip has a fragile finger that extends into the module to make contact, if you undo only one screw you will either break the finger off as you swing the clip or if you undo the other screw you will bend the battery clip as you pry the battery out and they are quite fragile and don't like being bent. You really do have to undo both screws (in watch terms they are "massive") to change the battery safely. Probably best to practice on a cheapo watch before going at your G757s.

Dave Matthews

Nerd

Nerd

Post24 Dec 2015, 18:30

Thanks, Old Tom. As it happened I did suspect those "fingers" were a bit delicate, so I removed both screws. 8-)

--

Cheers

Dave

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches