Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

Dave Matthews

Nerd

Nerd

Omega SensorQuartz - removing the caseback

Post09 Jan 2016, 00:11

Hi gang,

I must stop buying watches that I struggle to fix!...

I need to replace the battery in an Omega SensorQuartz that I acquired a little while ago but I can't see how the caseback is removed. There doesn't seem to be any kind of "notch" on the case itself under which to slip a blade - yet photos I have seen of a disassembled one do not appear to indicate that it's a screwdown type either. I'd be very grateful if you knowledgable folks could advise!

--

Many thanks!

Dave

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: Omega SensorQuartz - removing the caseback

Post09 Jan 2016, 15:20

You just need a very sharp blade and literally cut your way between the case and the back. If there's no marks of previous openings around the back, then try around the lugs, you leave least (visible) traces that way.

Dave Matthews

Nerd

Nerd

Re: Omega SensorQuartz - removing the caseback

Post09 Jan 2016, 16:07

Thanks for that, fronzelneekburm! Yes, you're quite correct!..

For future reference for "newbies" like me puzzling over the same problem, I noticed that the caseback slightly overhangs the case between two of the lugs, so that provides a handy "lip" with which to lever off the caseback. However you have to remove bracelet springbar in between the lugs to get at the lip - and that proved to be impossible on my watch until I squirted the springbar with WD40 and let it soak in for 15 minutes! (I had similar problems removing braclet link pins when I first bought the watch.) Once the springbar was off, the caseback prized off fairly easily...

The battery clamp was a little tricky to remove - you have prize one end of up and away from the battery.

--

Cheers,

Dave

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches