It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:56

Getting lucky with a Seiko 0664

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

iwatchu

Getting lucky with a Seiko 0664

Post12 Feb 2016, 22:57

Hi there,

It has been for a while that I am following this forum but actually never posted anything. I have started my collection about 4 years ago and it continues growing...and growing...
My first digital watch was the Casio J30-W when I was a kid and I loved that watch until I scratched it real bad in a bike accident :eek: . Ever since I love the watches with the two front buttons so, naturally when I discovered the Seikos I started my collection.
Which brings me to my most recent find the 0664, not the most beautiful Seiko digital but still one of the first ones and so a must have!!! I puchased it for alomost a bargan as "not working for parts or repair. I thought that one day I could find a working module for it but here is the thing, I follow the usual steps, before taking it appart: i take the battery out, check if there is some corrosion, put a battery in and it actually lights up... :eek:, buttons, light and evereything is working perfectly!!!!
Here are some pics:

Now how is it possible the seller didn't know it was working! I've found a very cheap battery in it so, I suppose that the seller put one of these cheap ones in and it was defect... :pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Getting lucky with a Seiko 0664

Post13 Feb 2016, 20:44

Well done - it's a great feeling when you get a nice surprise like that!!! :-D

iwatchu

Re: Getting lucky with a Seiko 0664

Post13 Feb 2016, 23:26

Thank you for your message. Yes indeed, It is not perfect but for less than 30 pounds it's a great surprise especially when you compare it to the 0664 currently on ebay.
I am not sure yet if I should give it a restoration or leave it like that...

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches