It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:55

Vintage Armitron help!

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

kwjackson

Vintage Armitron help!

Post11 Apr 2016, 22:03

Folks, I found a watch on the bay that was the first I ever personally bought at 12 years old in the mid 70s. Only now could I ever find this watch again.

I got the watch for just $15 and it's in working condition, but the seller told me that the back cover is not original. I should have the watch later this week and, in the end, it might just be a cheap sentimental purchase. Never the less, I collect watches and wanted to know if anyone here could help me understand or find a correct fitting back cover to make it "period correct"... as if this were a vintage Sub!

Lastly, without the back cover, I won't have the information regarding the watch model or anything else. If you can help point me in the right direction to find out more about this watch, it would be greatly appreciated. This is a mid-late 70s model.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kwjackson

Re: Vintage Armitron help!

Post13 Apr 2016, 01:40

Bump. Anyone? Anyone?

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post13 Apr 2016, 19:56

Keep an eye out on ebay for a non-worker to use as a donor or maybe Kasper has something tucked away in his 'bits n bobs' draw?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post13 Apr 2016, 20:53

i checked it all ready but nope..don't have that model. I have lots of others same style but not this one...
i think it's beginning of the 80ties...1980-1981

ask this guy, he maybe has the original cover.
http://www.theretroworld.com/armitron-lcd-retro-watch/

goodluck :dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

kwjackson

Post13 Apr 2016, 22:27

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll follow up on your suggestions and see if I can find a replacement case back or donor watch. Thanks again.

Gummo

Geek

Geek

Post29 Apr 2016, 05:22

I have a very similar parts watch , not the same model but maybe it's closer than what you have . It's probably got the same module as yours . You are welcome to have it if you want it . The back is in decent condition with a couple of noticeable scratches but still looks ok . On the back it says :
Stainless Steel Back
40/6175
Hong Kong
E Gluck Corp
and has a small alignment dot that matches one on the case .

As far as the rest of the watch , my notes said that the module worked but the buttons were non-functional , crystal is scratched , no band , LCD panel is bleeding in the corner , it hasn't been cleaned for decades :o . Probably not much useable other than the back and maybe module parts .

No charge of course , let me know .

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches