It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:10

Seiko 0634-5009 only thing that works is the light....

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

jringo8769

Seiko 0634-5009 only thing that works is the light....

Post04 Dec 2016, 02:55

Well i have just got this nice 0634-5009 that has a bad lcd...seller stated it would flash numbers when battery installed...but all i have been able to get is the light to work with the left pusher...no numbers flashing at all....after speaking to the seller they now state it was just sold as parts...we all know how that goes...so my questions are...will a lcd from other 0634's work?...i do not think my lcd is repairable correct?....and to the module...why does the light work and nothing else?...i took it apart and it is very clean and no signs of battery leakage....one thing i did see is the white screen under the lcd has a small scuff in it..any help will so be appreciated...God Bless,John...here is some pics of the watch...and i would love to know what parts would be interchangeable as well...i am not sure which lcd will be the same too...i would think the module and some other parts will interchange ....but i think the lcd would be different along with the inner bezel...

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Seiko 0634-5009 only thing that works is the light....

Post04 Dec 2016, 11:51

I've seen this one on Ebay! I decided not to go after it because I managed to get my corroded "dead" module working.
Every 0634 display will fit. One type has a "mask" on the front but it will fit anyway :)
There are some tips on this forum how to succesfully replace the lcd and it's plastic carrier. (search for 0624 will help)

The light works, that is a good sign, if you put the watch in setting mode (pull the crown) the light shouldn't work anymore.
Maybe you can see some faint digits If you look at the watch at an angle? The polarizer might be worn.

Cleaning is always a good idea, to see if you can get some life out of the lcd.
I "repaired" an other lcd a while ago by pushing the ink "back" to the side with my fingers. (very carefully)
It's damaged anyway :)

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches