It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:20

BWC FIRST LCD WATCH

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

led247

BWC FIRST LCD WATCH

Post26 Mar 2018, 18:44

Hi all , i just cant believe how well my last thread did (owning a p1) .So now its time for another story..
Being a watch person dont mean stopping collecting
watches , just because you've got the watch of your dreams ( a p1).. Oh no.....While i was looking for info on the p1 , i found out about another watch.
The BWC (Buttes Watch Company) first lcd digital watch.. This would have been the worlds first digital watch , but was beaten to the market by the p1.
This being a worlds first, it was the usual problems on release , not mass released and problems with the read out and setting...So tracking one down working
is not easy and they are fairly expensive ...So it was e bay time again and asking friends to keep their ear and eyes open.... Well the years went by, and no watch..But then (many years later) i was on holiday in Scotland and out in the great out doors, On returning to my hotel i had a message on my phone .
watch for sale on e bay ( sent hours earlier ) i logged on with only 2 mins to get a bid on.....bid..... lost signal .. oh no.. Did i get the bid on????
My phone gave me a message, watch won... oh yes.. and just to make thing even better, the seller was called greg zanoni son of Louis Zanoni the co inventor
of this watch, well it dont get better than that........ if you've not read my last listing then see owning a p1 ( pulsar p1 )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: BWC FIRST LCD WATCH

Post28 Mar 2018, 19:58

Awesome find! The watch and where it came from. Maybe you could get some written and signed statement from Greg? Saying it came from his or his father's collection.

led247

Post29 Mar 2018, 20:19

hi, i did just what you've said, when i got the watch, ,...this is a copy of reply

eBay
New message from: ztv99 (418Turquoise Star)
My dad has severe dimenthia and cannot write anything. Sorry

Greg

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post31 Mar 2018, 21:20

Ahh well, too bad :cry:

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches