It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:39

A Hashu Electronvolt "homage" to a classic.

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

midomiko

Nerd

Nerd

A Hashu Electronvolt "homage" to a classic.

Post25 Nov 2023, 13:34

This certainly is not one of those lovely Catena LCD variants of the venerable 1970s Spaceman watches. Much, much later it seems someone else thought to take inspiration from André Le Marquand's classic watch.

Check this out. I spotted it on a Japanese auction and it piqued my curiosity. Totally basic time/date/sec functions..
But all it took was a quick battery change and it sprang into life. They clearly tried their best to do that strap/case arrangement justice, but it ended up looking more like an ankle tag. But who said watches needed to all be beautiful? :grin1:

Image Image

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Re: A Hashu Electronvolt "homage" to a classic.

Post29 Nov 2023, 21:59

Congrats Midomiko for the quite rare and interesting "reissue"/modern watch. :Prost:
I have responded and presented some more examples like yours, on your post about the Hashu "Spaceman"-like LED watch on my thread :-D :
http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8079&start=110#p55996
Best regards,
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

midomiko

Nerd

Nerd

Re: A Hashu Electronvolt "homage" to a classic.

Post04 Dec 2023, 11:17

Hi Cybr!
great you took a look at this very obscure watch producer which never seemed to get much attention with other retro-style far-east watches. I think they might be a sub-brand of Tokima. They seemed better known as making rough-looking quartz analogue watches in various colourful vintage inspired cases. The only other Hashu modern LED watch shape I could find looks like this...

listing on buyee:
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/d1048106250?

I still think the HD-002 was their best effort!

Return to Modern Digitals