It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:51

Jughans Mega 1000 Version # + Availability ??

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

collector

Techie

Techie

Re: Jughans Mega 1000 Version # + Availability ??

Post11 Jan 2006, 16:44

This watch is also a great barometer!!! As I previously posted, it does not sync when there are extremely bad weather conditions across the US. I have found that if it, does not sync at night, I can expect some sort of real bad weather in the coming hours.

I have also found that I can reasonably predict if it will sync or not by watching the weather channel before I go to bed. If the radar shows real severe weather between where I live and Denver, I can almost expect it not to sync that evening. Also, if there is real bad fog in the AM you cannot do a manual sync.

In spite of the sometime sync difficulty I really like it. So what if it only syncs FIVE days a week or so. I can certainly live with it, if it is off a 1000th of a second for a day or so!!!

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Post11 Jan 2006, 17:40

I agree with collector, i am sure now that it is weather dependant and also agree now that the watch has sync'ed a few times then therer is no problem and the watch is fine

I have taken some contrast photo's from CON 0 to CON 15 with an additional pic which I think represents the display under normal lighting conditions.

CON 0

CON 15

Normal indoor view set to CON 15

How did that get in here .... :shock:

Thanks for the compliment on my name Diginut - took me ages to think of it 8)

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Post15 Jan 2006, 12:15

Couple of clear sunny days up here in the North West, UK and the Jughans Mega 1000 has sync'ed up two nights consecutively - well chuffed. :P

Looks like the weather is the culprit and more so the further away you are. Cannot think of any other factor except if the transmitter was on reduced power over Christmas - but doubt that as it fit's in with Collectors findings (above).

This was not a forced manual sync, just LEFT it on the window sill this time!

@LiquidLed:
Welcome to the forum (time to change my avatar)

kateshitikano: Thanks for the welcome. No need to change your avatar, yours was first, it was the only photo that was compatable at the time :)
Previous

Return to Modern Digitals