Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

collector

Techie

Techie

New Version of Junghans Mega 1000 coming out in February

Post23 Jan 2006, 17:31

Hi All,

I took delivery of the Version 2 Model of this watch in November, now 3 months later there is yet another version.

I discovered this new version because of my continued interest in this watch and all of its issues. Because of my interest, the UK based vendor I purchased my Mega 1000 from has been kind enough to email me any updates or new information on this watch as he obtains them from Junghans. Over the weekend I received a nice email with the latest info on the Mega 1000. See exact excerpt below:

" There will be a new Mega 1000 with 'improved reception, especially in N. America', sapphire glass, and an improved strap/bracelet' similar in design and moderately more expensive. A minority have complained about the viewing angle of the current LCD but there are no known plans to improve it. The black on white LCD is better than the more popular white on black version which most find more attractive."

This new model is supposed to be available sometime in February and will replace the just released Version 2 Model in the Junghans product line. More info is on the vendors web site: www.theBestofTime.com . FYI - I have found this vendor to be extremely interested in customer satisfaction and would recommend them to anyone.

A final thought - Microsoft drives you nuts with all of their upgrades and patches. Now Junghans has joined them - 3 versions in ONE YEAR!!!! Maybe its a conspiracy ???? - !!!!

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Re: New Version of Junghans Mega 1000 coming out in February

Post23 Jan 2006, 19:49

Typical!!! so my recent Mega purchase (delivered Dec '05) is now already out of date... bugger

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post24 Jan 2006, 00:57

I really dont get it. Junghans is probably the oldest and most popular german watchmaker, they make watches like 100 years - and then again they seem to lack experience in making their Mega 1000. I wonder why there were so many problems, they should be super-experienced with radio-controlled and digital watches.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post24 Jan 2006, 12:56

It sure would be nice to get a replacement module for my version 1 watch, instead of Junghans making other models first.

collector

Techie

Techie

Post25 Jan 2006, 17:10

Question to all that have either the Version 1 or Version 2 model of this watch. There should not be too many Version 2 owners as this version was only shipped in October or November of '05. (Input from non owner collectors also would be most welcome.)

THE QUESTION - With Version 3 of this watch due shortly, what are your thoughts as to what you are going to do with the Ver 1 or Ver 2 watch you now have? As I see our options:

1. Keep the current version we have and do nothing. ( Seems like a terrible option for those who have issues with either their Version 1 or 2 ).

2. Seek to return the earlier version watch (either 1 or 2) and ask for a full refund.

3. If possible, trade the watch in for the coming version 3 model and pay the cost difference.

4. Keep whatever current version you now have and go after and purchase any missing versions. This would give a collector the complete history / collection of this watch. Okay, this option might be nuts because the history of this watch indicates repeated version updates are not out of the realm. When would one stop collecting??

5. Hope someone sues Junghans and creates a class action lawsuit seeking a "recall" and FREE replacements for all Ver 1 & Ver 2 models purchased to date. I do understand "models" change but what is driving all of these version updates?

6. Some option I did not think of.

I'd be interested in thoughts / ideas from either owners of this watch or other collectors!!!!!! Please don't say throw it away!!!!

Return to Modern Digitals