It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:10

BMW/Ventura collaboration

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

gem

BMW/Ventura collaboration

Post25 Jan 2006, 18:15

Bought from one of the two dealers on the "bay" the BMW/Ventura collaboration. Watch is identical to my Sparc FX but only retailed for $600.00 and with my purchase price being only $399.00 it was a real steal. While the case is 316L and not hardened titanium there is no other difference from the Sparc FX. One hugh advantage to the BMW is that it comes with and takes a normal replaceable 22mm strap. One dealer states only 2000 were made and since they are showing up on the internet I guess they didnt do to well in the BMW dealerships. Unfortunately I have no way to post a pic but if you know what the Sparc looks like and what its functions are then you know what I am talking about. Also on the BMW the auto rotor part of the case isnt as pronounced as the Sparc. The BMW case is much more rectangular without the bulge. Anyone looking for a fX but at less $$$$ check these out.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: BMW/Ventura collaboration

Post26 Jan 2006, 04:10

There are actually 2 versions: the Red-Dot-awarded "Z-watch" with rectangular case and interesting clasp mechanism (click here), and the one you probably purchased, with a normal leather strap and clasp and a somewhat rounded case (see here).
Someone tol me the Z-watch was given as a X-Mas present to BMW employees in 2004, ebay was flooded with them (they sold for 300-400EUR).
Here's an old thread about the Ventura/BMW: http://digital.superman.ws/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=523

Return to Modern Digitals