Modern LED

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Modern LED

Post08 Feb 2006, 00:11

Just happened to stumble upon megalaser's site, and looks like there's a new limited edition black cased model.

http://www.led-watch.com/usspacegun.htm

Don't know about anyone else, but I like it, even if the buble display is a bit obvious! All I want now is the same case, but with a nice green display, please megalaser :)

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: Modern LED

Post08 Feb 2006, 17:15

I second that, a coloured display would be quite cool.

Do these cheap chinese watches modules fit in it? I mean the green, yellow and blue LED watches that are currently flooding ebay. That'd be awesome... :D

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: Modern LED

Post09 Feb 2006, 01:30

I'd rather the bubble displays than the dotted ones. The bubble look more authentic since many LED's in the 70's used them and that's the way all the manufactures were going, even Pulsar, before LED packed it in. The dotted displays on those particular watches on Ebay don't look 70's at all and the green and blue displays aren't that great looking. The Red and Yellow are pretty good but are a little large...Unless people like larger displays.

My prefered modern display is the one used on the Adidas watches, even though it's further from the classic display as far as wire bonding.

MJ

Return to Modern Digitals