Latest "NEW" Junghans Mega 1000

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

collector

Techie

Techie

re: Latest "NEW" Junghans Mega 1000

Post16 May 2007, 16:28

Below is the contact information for the Junghans Mega 1000 Product / Service Manager. Mr Kaiser resolved my Mega 1000 issue to my total satisfaction!!!! Final outcome after dealing with him - a completly working Mega 1000; DST & Sync problem's both fixed!!!!!

Hartmut Kaiser
Service Manager
Junghans Uhren GmbH
Geißhaldenstr. 49
D-78713 Schramberg
Fon: +49 (0)7422/18-670
Fax: +49 (0)7422/18-550
Mail to: hartmut.kaiser@junghans.de
http://www.junghans.de

Sitz: Schramberg - Amtsgericht Rottweil HRB 402 Ob
Geschäftsführer: Werner Wicklein

jblin

re: Latest "NEW" Junghans Mega 1000

Post16 May 2007, 21:24

Yep, that's who solved my problem. I'm totally satisfied also. This watch ROCKS!!

(synced 7 days in a row!)

lars

What about a "concentrator"?

Post24 Jun 2007, 06:07

I actually had tried that route. The big difference between WiFi and WWVB is the frequency. An antenna for the very low frequencies is quite a different thing.

My approach was a an inductor wound around the edges of a styrofoam pannel. The inductor was resonated with a capacitor to form a tuned circuit at 60 kHz. The watch would go into a slot in the center and the entire array was positioned to face the transmitter site.

The result? ZERO.

The pre-M watch didn't synchronize even once. The post-M one that I now have synchronizes most nights without these heroics.

Paul

superskib

: Latest "NEW" Junghans Mega 1000

Post10 Sep 2007, 23:33

Hi all you watch freaks (like me!!),
Just to update things - my first post was on May16 when I first got my Mega 1000 - it is now September 10th and the watch has performed faultlessly ever since it was reprogrammed. I love it to bits; but then I love all my watches likewise, even the cheapo Casio digital ones that only cost £10 ($20). Incidentally why are watches so cheap in Singapore and Hong Kong if you by online with Ebay? :-D

watchdog

Post21 Nov 2007, 16:48

Hi All,

can anbody advise me how to sync my brand new Junghans Mega 1000?

I have ordered firm the UK and it was delivered in Ireland a week ago showing DCF77 ... 2. It has failed to sync for a couple of days so I decided to synchronize it manually as per the manual. Nothing happaned, so I tried again far away from any electronic device, next to the window, outside etc. No success.

Then I found this forum with a lots of useful info here and I tried to reset it manually but still without any success.

If I push all the buttons at the same time fristly DCF77 ... 00 shows up blinking for approx. 12 sec, then WWVB ... 00 for 12 secs, then JJY60 ... 00 for 12 secs, then JJY40 ... 00 for 12 secs - and it keeps going like this, and I cannot pick any of them only able to escape and adjust the time manually!!

Does anybody have any idea how can I solve this? Your help is much appreciated.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post21 Nov 2007, 20:25

Hi watchdog,

looks like you've tried everything.
Did you try late at night or early morning?
Could it be you have the old version with poor reception?
Do you have other DCF77 watches/clocks that sync at your place?

This posting explains how to distinguish the versions.
Click here for instructions how to check firmware version (under "Undocumented Features")

watchdog

Post21 Nov 2007, 21:07

hi rewolf,

yes, i have tried early/late, inside/outside.

I am not sure which version i have, the model no is M26/4511 707, but there is no radio controlled stuff nearby as i don't have any.

I might try to ask for replacement.

lars

Post08 Dec 2007, 15:32

Just saw your post. What you write surprises me. The pre-M watches went through this sequence of showing each of the possible transmitters in turn. They could actually do that - i.e. show what they were attempting - because the display remianed active during the synch cycle. The post-M watches don't do this any more - or so I thought. I have an M version and the display turns off then the watch synchronizes, and it does so much more effectively than previous generations. I had the pre-M and it behaved as you say. It also NEVER synchronized in the US and Junghans replaced it with a new M version.

You write that you have the M in your serial number so it should have the Modifiziert (modified) module. However, that does not appear to be the case based on what you describe. Can you confirm the behaviour of your watch? Could Junghans have made a mess of it and made a production lot of M watches with the old modules, just to fill orders? Jikes!!!

Paul

lars

Post08 Dec 2007, 15:36

Just to update the battery life: I have had my watch for just about exactly one year. I do use the alarm and the backlight quite a bit - just to play with it I suppose but it's not an unusual amount of use in my estimation. The battery indicator just want on yesterday - almost exactly one year after it was received.

I know that the watch did not sit in the store much before that since it was a replacement M-version directly received from Junghans.

So around one year life it is,
Paul

watchdog

Post08 Dec 2007, 16:14

hi lars,

unfortunately i can confirm that my watch still does not sync, neither automatically nor manually. Moreover i have written twice to the dealer in the UK asking for replacement (i have cc'd someone at junghans UK,too) but they never got back to me. (2 yrs warranty). so at the moment i am more than disappointed with junghans and its dealers!!!!

Anyway i'll go to continental Europe during X-mas , be closer to the transmitter and will try to sync then. If still won't be ok, i'll not let the the dealer live until they replace it for a working one.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: : Latest "NEW" Junghans Mega 1000

Post08 Dec 2007, 20:14

lars wrote:Just to update the battery life: I have had my watch for just about exactly one year. I do use the alarm and the backlight quite a bit - just to play with it I suppose but it's not an unusual amount of use in my estimation. The battery indicator just want on yesterday - almost exactly one year after it was received.

I know that the watch did not sit in the store much before that since it was a replacement M-version directly received from Junghans.

So around one year life it is,
Paul
Interesting - my first battery lasted for 2 years.

@watchdog: even if it syncs on the continent, it will be of no use for you at home. I'd return it.

lars

Post26 Dec 2007, 00:14

Sorry to hear about your continued lack of sync in the UK. I tend ot agree; even if it works on the continent, what use is that to you 99% of the time? I would contact Junghans in Germany though:

Hartmut Kaiser
Service Manager
Junghans Uhren GmbH
Geißhaldenstr. 49
D-78713 Schramberg
Fon: +49 (0)7422/18-670
Fax: +49 (0)7422/18-550
Mail to: hartmut.kaiser@junghans.de
http://www.junghans.de

Since you already have an "M" watch, I don't know what they can do for you but if anyone will be of any help, it will be them and not your dealer in the UK. Money back perhaps?

Good luck,
Paul

watchdog

Post26 Dec 2007, 10:14

hi Lars,

thanks for the contact details , I will write him as even on the continent it only synchronized once within 4 days (and no luck with manual sync) and I am less than 1000 km far from the European transmitter.

Happy New Year for all the dwf members/readers.

jblin

Post26 Dec 2007, 17:05

Here's a 7 month report on my Mega 1000. It's synced all but 6 nights. Most of those were nights with thunderstorms. I'm about 650 miles from WWVB.

lars

Post02 Jan 2008, 01:10

Hi watchdog.

My observation is that manual synch while worn on the wrist has NEVER been succesful. I travel to Germany quite regularly and stay just south of Frankfurt in Limburgerhof, so it's a bit less than 80 km from the DCF77 transmitter site.

It has failed to synchronize there while on the wrist - i.e. I could not force a manual synch unless I removed it first and laid it on the table. Then it did synch, even in the middle of the day. Just the oppositte though, I also had the experience that it failed to synch overnight while on the night stand in the hotel in this same town.

Let's just say that it's pretty clear that the receiver in this watch is not at the top of the sensitivity heap.

Cheers,
Paul
Previous

Return to Modern Digitals