New Time Computer

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

New Time Computer

Post06 May 2006, 14:20

Hi guys, whats your opinion on the new time computer. I think the pre sales hype ruined it for me. I'll admit i have never seen an inverted display option, but whats the point of that- gimic for gimics sake?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: New Time Computer

Post06 May 2006, 14:37

There is already a thread here:

http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=1345

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Post09 May 2006, 14:03

The invert facility is so that if anybody asks you the time you do not have to twist your wrist around to show them - touch the contact bar yourself or usher them to push it........or you could just look and tell them.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post11 May 2006, 01:06

Now, moving on to MJ, you I am very disappointed in and you have actually hurt my feeling with your pun, because I thought we were friends? I never said one thing about your watch and for the record, if you?re having QC problems with your project please don?t inject the thought I will have the same. Suggesting my Touch-Command system will activate all on it?s own is unfair! And BTW, my watch HAS NO BUTTONS Jeff? I have to add you to the list who can?t, by nature be a critic because you have a conflict of interest. I also want to add that I read your post about the changes you might make to your watch???if my watch is utter junk then why follow suit? Good luck with your project, really!

Just to respond to this from another thread....I have no idea what Dennis is refering to by saying I stated it has "no buttons". Someone mentioned that this watch was supposed to be a completely new design and unlike the 70's and I stated that if that is the case, why do you have to push a button or move your wrist to activate it? My comment was to them and was not meant to trash the watch. My point being, that the watch is very much an extension of the 70's watches. My point was also to defend modern 70's style and vintage 70's watches that the poster seemed to suddenly shun, for some odd reason.

Touch command will activate on it's own? QC probs on my own watch? Who stated this?

I would say I've been miss quoted here.

Jeff

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post11 May 2006, 15:01

Thoughts on the new TC.

I have absolutely no problem with the name and it's history - nor should anyone here, it's ONLY A NAME. Historically the TC was a watch of it's time, this is a new watch for a new century. Just like the MINI and that is a design classic.

Will I buy it? No, personally I don't like the shape but kudos to TC for trying something different - taking the high road is never the easy option.
(Also I promised the wife no more purchases until after the family holiday in July :cry: ). However, looks are a very personal taste and subject to fashion. Tastes change, I believe it is a good design for a watch today. A good design for 5 years from now.....time will tell. A classic - ask me in 35 years, then I'll answer you. (hopefully yes then it was a success).

As for the price - go for it. If this expensive LED watch is a commercial success then perhaps it will lead the way for other designs from other companies as well as a new TC mk2/3/4 etc. This is good for all of us.

Gimmickry - perhaps it does have a gimmick but aren't ALL LED's a gimmick in the 21st century. Indeed you can now reasonably argue that all wristwatches are now a gimmick as so many people now use mobile phones (that's 'cell phones' to some who think they speak english :wink: ) like a 19th century pocket watch. As someone said (Andy?) a watch is little more that jewellry nowadays so it has to be eyecatching, a blank screen is not eyecatching, the case is (when we talk about LED's).

I hope this watch is a great success, for we LED lovers will all benefit in the long run.

Fitron, out.

Return to Modern Digitals