M a j e s t y k Watch Finally Coming!

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: Majestyk Watch Finally Coming!

Post01 Oct 2006, 14:40

like i say you cant please everyone all the time.

No, it's impossible. :)

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post09 Oct 2006, 06:08

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Oct 2006, 11:45

Bought mine bought mine bought mine :D :D :D

My first stainless, Jeff you've popped my cherry! And it's blue no less.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post09 Oct 2006, 12:25

FF is one of the first. Yeah! :)

Anyway, as Little1up pointed out to me; yes the weight of the watch in the auction is wrong. Whops! Before I update it, using the "add to description", I'm going to get the actual, precise weight. I will say, it's the heaviest LED I own, although I don't have any 18K watches. :)

Jeff

PS: FF is actually the first to pay so he might get the first one. (Depending on the delivery time to the UK)

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Oct 2006, 14:25

Umm about 2 weeks or so is the norm, so I doubt it. Hey does this mean I get serial #1 :D

-edit- sorry rewolf I was only joking about #1 (but if there are any serial numbers jeff :wink: :wink: :wink: )
Last edited by Fitron on 09 Oct 2006, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post09 Oct 2006, 14:33

Ordered and paid for :wink:
BLUE
Do we have serial numbers? It isn't mentioned in the auction (at least I didn't see).

Planet-LED

Techie

Techie

Post10 Oct 2006, 06:53

Jeff,

Some time back, you said you may offer this watch with the entire crystal area being red or blue. Is this watch on the horizon?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post10 Oct 2006, 09:11

Jeff,

Some time back, you said you may offer this watch with the entire crystal area being red or blue. Is this watch on the horizon?

I'm looking in to that, but not this year.

Do we have serial numbers?

Thanks for your purchase! Sorry but there are no serial numbers.[/quote]

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post19 Oct 2006, 13:21

Correction on the serial numbers...There will be indeed. And they'll make sense too. :) There are only 500 red and 500 blue so the numbering will be 1-500, 2-500, 3-500, etc, for EACH of the red and blue displays.

I'm going to hold back the first and the last numbers, so the first person who paid me (Mr. Fiend) will be getting 2/500 for his blue one, etc, etc.

Jeff

ELY_M

Techie

Techie

Post13 Nov 2006, 23:56

Do MJ or anyone happen to have real pictures of the watches?
I would like to see the display in real time.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post14 Nov 2006, 04:50

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post24 Nov 2006, 22:34

MJ wrote:You guys are right about lowering the price and making the watch seem cheap!

MJ wrote:I will say it won't be lumped in the $99 tier of modern LED watches that I see on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Majestyk-LED-Digital-Stainless-Steel-Watch_W0QQitemZ160053562722QQihZ006QQcategoryZ31387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2006, 05:18

You know, instead of being a whiny bitch, why don't I just plug my web site, with my asking price...

www.majestykwatch.com

(I'll leave my next whiny bitch post intact)
Last edited by Majestyk on 25 Nov 2006, 21:22, edited 4 times in total.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post25 Nov 2006, 10:22

Pricey, true, but at least it does have a real, honest-to-God, dot-matrix display. [I refer here, of course, to the Galaxy watch; the post I originally replied to seems to have been removed...].
Last edited by bruce wegmann on 25 Nov 2006, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post25 Nov 2006, 16:21

MJ(Jeff): I generally applaud your efforts on your watch, but I think you over-reacted a teeny bit(this post and MJ's prior one HAVE been edited to take out the hurtful, unneccesary stuff).

Richard had his say, some folks just don't like the modern displays(but we understand the market forces at work). So we smugly cling to our vintage pieces and bitch about the good old days/displays. Unfortunately we are discussing old watches and new watches in the same place - they MUST get compared. :(

Remember guys:It's easy to edit if you get loose with the evil pen - just suck it up, many will applaud it. Passion, emotion and honesty remind us that we are alive - and men. Peace, E.C. 8)
Last edited by retroleds on 26 Nov 2006, 09:41, edited 2 times in total.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2006, 16:26

Richard had his say, some folks just don't like the modern displays(but we understand the market forces at work).

Richard had his say but it was nothing about LED watches or displays. He made a snide "remark" about my business practice. Not very "Smart".

As for some people not liking modern displays, that would be the folks here. The other 99.99999999999% either like both vintage and modern LED watches or just vintage. It has nothing to do with the displays for the later folks; they just prefer to have a vintage watch. If wire bonded displays were the ticket, for moden LED's, then the ones with the magnfied display would be flying off the shelves.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2006, 17:56

By the way, just for the record; for those who paid more than $99 for my watch, I offered them a very nice deal for a second one, which they all happily took me up on except one. And the offer is always open to him...Hopefully I'll find the matching number soon incase he changes his mind.

Jeff

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2006, 22:15

I actually really like some of the modern displays, Jeff's included, I just thought it was funny (humorous) that Jeff said he wouldn't be selling them at $99, then a couple of months later lists them for $99, and I couldn't resist making a post about it, no malice was intended, apologies if I upset anyone.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2006, 23:01

I'm just doing what the market dictates. The M-1 really needs to build more of a reputation and to do that, I need to get more feedback going (I have many watches recently shipped out, because the buyers were waiting for certain numbers to arrive). Maybe I shouldn't be selling it while I'm waiting for more feedback/testimonies, but I don't like them sitting around not selling either.

Actually this is one of the oddest seasons for LED watch sales, vintage or modern, that I have encountered on Ebay in 6 years. Some weeks are good, some weeks it seems like no one is on Ebay. Even SOME of Usicks auctions have been struggling. :)

I think I would attribute it to mostly one thing and that is the PS3. This is one of the hottest items on Ebay, and everywhere else; and when people are shelling out $1000's for them, there is little interest left for LED watches. New IPOD models and the X-Box 360 aren't helping either.

Then it's possible I made my watch too vintage looking and people would just assume have a vintage watch, but I'll say one thing...I've "hung up" all my vintage watches and I only wear the Majestyk now. It's not because it's my own watch; it's not because I'm promoting it (which I don't walk to stores doing so). I just plain love it and the number one reason I had it made was so I could put it on my wrist...IMO, the watches I modeled it after, pale in comparison. The only problem is I had to make 500 blue and 500 red. :) Even the factory thought I was going to walk away with the few samples that I had and made those samples run 1 minute fast per hour...Pretty sneaky!

Anyway, I'll apologize for shiting on your watch and flying off the handle a tad. From my POV, I just found it sort of maniacal that you went looking for that post and then rubbed my face in it...Ok that's how it seemed at the time. And as for the scrolling watch, it's just not my cup of tea. (And sorry to you too Troy but I can't like all of your watches, since you sell every freakin' LED! :). Oh and I sent a guy from the UK to your site today to buy a Duke, let me know if you made a UK sale). Why am I communicating to Troy here...I think I've gone mad.

So apologies accepted...Or not...I'll keep you hanging...:)

Jeff
Last edited by Majestyk on 27 Nov 2006, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Nov 2006, 23:36

Hope you didn't shit on my watches before you posted them..... one unpleasant surprise upon opening :D

Unless he can shift these then there won't be an M2 and I for one hope that there is one in the pipeline, (or at least a 14K solid version of the M1).

Any plans for either Jeff ? Even vague ones ?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post26 Nov 2006, 05:11

The M-II will see the light of day if I can market the M-1 a little further...That is to more retailers, not the consumer level (IE my site and Ebay).

As for a gold one, I was thinking about it but I don't know if it will be for an M-I or M-II. Either way, it won't come until the last remaning watches of either model. I have gold sample "discs" here from the company to choose a gold tone color, so I'm half way there.

As for 14K...Hum...Not sure if I'll got that far. It would have to be very limited if I did that.

Jeff

PS: Don't worry about me taking a dump on your watches, they have the protective labels on them.
Previous

Return to Modern Digitals