It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:37

Casio Flip Top Calculator

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

nixon1990

Casio Flip Top Calculator

Post09 Apr 2007, 20:24

Hello,

Remember these? Its most likely worthless as collecting goes. But its a nice design, a sort of discrete claculator watch (nerd in disguise). I just got this one new off an old electronics store, i havn't seen one for years. It has no digital watch functions, its simply an analogue watch, with a calculator behind.
It has a sort of ugly charm

Mitch

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

re: Casio Flip Top Calculator

Post09 Apr 2007, 20:43

And actually quite valuable as desirable Casios go- the plastic film keyboard on these has a nasty tendency to crack and fall off. To see one in pristine condition is really quite rare- where did you say that shop was :D

collector

Techie

Techie

Post09 Apr 2007, 21:29

Nice find - Ed sold one off his retroleds site a while ago for $85.

http://www.retroleds.com/Items/WA035.htm

nixon1990

Post09 Apr 2007, 22:39

Thanks for the comments.
Wow after looking at that link I think I will have to go back to that shop this weekend and have a better look around :D See if there is anything else.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post10 Apr 2007, 00:38

Hoping to post up a slew more before the end of this week, 7-8 Pulsars and about the same number of Bulova drivers..

That calc. was a good find for me, I turned a little profit and it was a great deal for the next guy 8) ....find'm, fix'm, clean'm and make an honest wage for my part. All the dirty stuff you don't want to think about. :x
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

jollyaard

Post23 Apr 2007, 19:37

I recently got one of these (a coloured version) from a Japanese website (for $45 :shock: )
Does anyone know anything about these watches - versions, colours etc? and are some rarer than others?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post24 Apr 2007, 00:19

AWESOME!! The black and white one is kind of rare, but I have never seen one in those colors...probably one of those items that was designed for a specific country market - that thing is almost as bright as plate of 'sushi'. :mrgreen: Good catch!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Modern Digitals