Hour Glass Watch ......Cack or Cool?

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Hour Glass Watch ......Cack or Cool?

Post13 May 2009, 21:27

Came across this watch whilst browsing, for a modern watch I think it's cool.........any opinions?

http://www.walyou.com/blog/2009/03/26/h ... ristwatch/

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: Hour Glass Watch ......Cack or Cool?

Post13 May 2009, 22:29

Very cool, definitely 8-) 8-)
If it was ever produced (in high quality for a reasonable price) I think I'd get me one :-)

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post14 May 2009, 02:54

I am not sure how you could tell the time using the hour glass display :-?

It would probably go the same way as the binary watch that I had which took me 3 months of use before I got the hang of telling the time (without spending 10 minutes counting on my fingers and toes) by which time the novelty had worn off and I stopped wearing it :lol:

Any more new cool watches?

The 'pong' watch prototype which was highlighted on a previous thread springs to mind, that one looks superb and captures the whole retro theme brilliantly IMO.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: : Hour Glass Watch ......Cack or Cool?

Post14 May 2009, 19:13

bucko170 wrote:I am not sure how you could tell the time using the hour glass display :-?

It would probably go the same way as the binary watch that I had which took me 3 months of use before I got the hang of telling the time (without spending 10 minutes counting on my fingers and toes) by which time the novelty had worn off and I stopped wearing it :lol:

Thank goodness it has a digital(numeric) mode. Yeah, some of those modern displays are too much work for casual timekeeping. I thought the display was fairly nice in digital mode. Makes me think a digital clock that simulated an hourglass with sand running from top to bottom would be kind of soothing to look at. 8-)

Vote: Cool!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

zzzzzz

Re: : Hour Glass Watch ......Cack or Cool?

Post26 Jul 2010, 06:56

bucko170 wrote:It would probably go the same way as the binary watch that I had which took me 3 months of use before I got the hang of telling the time (without spending 10 minutes counting on my fingers and toes) by which time the novelty had worn off and I stopped wearing it :lol:

One thing I really don't get about these binary watches (at least the ones I've seen) is that the time is 12-hour mode only. This seems almost a contradiction. You'd think that the whole binary/geek thing would more or less imply 24-hour mode.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post26 Jul 2010, 09:37

True. Maybe becaus you need one more LED for 24h. with 4 LEDs you can count to 15 only. And they probably ALL use the same chip.

Return to Modern Digitals