It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:02

Adidas ADH1600 LED Watch, and a clone

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

redleds

Adidas ADH1600 LED Watch, and a clone

Post18 Oct 2009, 00:19

I recently bought this Adidas ADH1600 LED watch. It's a dot-matrix red LED display consisting of a matrix of 85 LED's. The functions are hours, minutes, month, and date. There are various animations that play out before the time is displayed. The animation cannot be canceled with a second push of the button, unfortunately.

There is also a very similar LED watch available from Hong Kong for a fraction of the price. There are differences, though.

1. The animations on the Adidas are faster. This is better because I would prefer if there were no animations at all, or that they could be disabled. The fact that they're faster means they're also less annoying, and can actually be somewhat enjoyable.

2. The clone watch has 4 buttons, 2 on each side, which do exactly the same thing. That is, the two on the left are completely superfluous. The Adidas watch does away with them, since they're not needed.

3. The workmanship on the Adidas is better.

4. The accuracy of the Adidas seems to be better. The Hong Kong watches are usually hit-or-miss as far as accuracy. Sometimes you get one that's accurate, sometimes not.

Overall, I like this watch. Whether the design is from Adidas originally or not I don't know, but I think it's an attractive and creative case design that reflects style and simplicity.

The Diesel DZ7108/7107 appears to use this same module, and has the same sped-up animation as the Adidas. I think the Diesel is a much better case design, both in appeal and quality.

Return to Modern Digitals