It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:44

Non-modal digital chronograph?

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

jeffwatch

Non-modal digital chronograph?

Post25 Oct 2009, 14:15

Dear watch geniuses,

I am on a holy quest, and both Google and local shops have left me wandering the desert of knowledge.

I'm looking for a non-modal digital chronograph.

I want a digital watch, on my wrist, with a button that will always stop and start a stopwatch. I don't want to have to press the mode button, look at my watch to see what mode it is in, and then press the start button.

I've ordered a Timex analog chronograph in the mean time, but would also like a digital one.

Does such a watch exist?

Thanks!

-Jeff

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: Non-modal digital chronograph?

Post26 Oct 2009, 21:05

Any dual display watch could do the trick for you.
Like the Ventura v-tec: upper line always shows time, lower alarm, stopwatch, timer etc. Simply leave it in stopwatch mode all the time.
There are also cheaper watches with dual display. I remember at least some Diesel or Fossil but don't know exact model.

jeffwatch

Post27 Oct 2009, 00:39

Good point! I guess I could always "fix" the mode button with some superglue.

Thanks!

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post27 Oct 2009, 04:50

Any Frontier stopwatch LESD will do what you are asking. There are two buttons on left side, 1 button and a setting dimple on right side. Right button gives time, date,DOW.

Left buttons
If you press lower left button it shows you 00:00. pressing top button starts stopwatch - I know, that is not what you want..rest assurred, you can have it all. When the stopwatch is running, the top button is a "lap" button, showing elapsed time but the clock is still running. When you press the bottom button, the stopwatch stops running. Press and hold the lower left button, it will go to 00 :00. Hold a second or two longer and it goes to single colon 00.00 - now it is "armed". Press right time button and all normal time functions are available. When that special moment where you want to start the stopwatch immediately comes, press the top left button and it instantly springs into action!

I have two for sale on this page..http://www.retroleds.com/LED2.htm...I also recently came into a nice Hamilton 4 button case in gold-plate, if you are interested...
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Modern Digitals