Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

charger105

Guru

Guru

Mega1 Instructions

Post06 Apr 2010, 13:20

Hi All.
I recently bought a Junghans Mega1, and have no instructions for it.

I'm in Australia, and so it won't pick up a signal, but I plan to just wear it as a normal watch. If I ever visit Europe, I'll get the benefit of it's full features :-D .

Anyway, I read Rewolfs posts about resetting the watch right on the hour, and then making the daylight savings adjustment to get the hour correct. Currently, the minutes and date are correct, so it must've been synched before it was posted.

Can anyone tell me what the buttons are for ? Which one increments the hour ? Can anyone point me to the manual for the Mega1 (I had a look around but could only find the Mega1000) ?

Tks&Rgds,
Andrew.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: Mega1 Instructions

Post06 Apr 2010, 13:59

The lower button (8 o'clock) increments the hour, the top button (10 o'clock) decrements the hour.
The center button is the "sync" button: press it short to resync, or long for a full reset (don't do this in Australia - you'll lose the date for good).

I don't have the instrutions in electronic format either, but the above is about all you need to know.
The digit to the left of the date display tells how many days have passed since last sync. It stops at '9'.
I don't know if the Mega 1 gives up trying to sync after some time; if not, battery life may be negatively affected.

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post06 Apr 2010, 14:24

Thanks Rewolf.

I purposely didn't start experimenting with the buttons, because I didn't want to lose the date. I'll stay away from the middle button !

It's a 026/0013.00 model, in very nice condition, with a nice textured leather band. I actually prefer the polished version of this watch, but you take what you can get !
The metal clip that closes the band has some paint wear, so I might look for a new one. I've seen a few on Ebay, that say 'Junghans', but mine says 'Mega'. Did this change somewhere along the line ?

Doesn't it have a light ?
Rgds.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: : Mega1 Instructions

Post06 Apr 2010, 18:09

charger105 wrote:...The metal clip that closes the band has some paint wear, so I might look for a new one. I've seen a few on Ebay, that say 'Junghans', but mine says 'Mega'. Did this change somewhere along the line ?

Apparently yes. I have both versions on my watches. I also looked through my collection of several hundred photos gathered from auctions etc. - the result is about 50:50. I can't tell when it changed or which version is older.

And no, it has no light :-(

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post08 Apr 2010, 13:27

The good people at Junghans kindly sent me the Mega1 manual in PDF format. If anyone needs a copy, let me know.

Rgds.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post16 May 2010, 14:08

i have a nos ,unmarked complete mega 1 package for sale.outer box ,special shop display pyrammid inner box.warranty card and original instructions.(not shown ) pics available.
never failed to sync fully working .complete and unused ,never sold.
rare blue/black case.
first £sold inc shipping.
Last edited by holly35 on 30 May 2010, 10:58, edited 2 times in total.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post16 May 2010, 14:15

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Return to Modern Digitals