It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:53

How do you cope with a Mega 1000 in the UK?

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

lars

How do you cope with a Mega 1000 in the UK?

Post20 May 2010, 23:16

Do any of you live in the UK and cope with a Mega 1000 on a regular basis? I just wonder how you do it.

My problem... I'm visiting the UK at the moment and the problem is that every few nights the watch picks up the DCF 77 time signal. It then changes the time display to one hour earlier than it should be in the UK. Very inconvenient if you have set your alarm for a particular wake up time.

It's also strange that the time is on hour earlier than in the UK - NOT one hour LATER as it would be in Germany. The display also doesn't necessarily show DCF 77 0 (although it does that too) but rather more often shows DCF 77 1 when the synch has happened overnight. Strange.

I know the instructions (pg. 20) for setting the time zone and did this but it's getting unset every few nights. Any thoughts from the other owners?

Or... is there a way to block the radio synch?

Cheers,
Paul

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: How do you cope with a Mega 1000 in the UK?

Post23 Jul 2011, 09:49

As far as i know you need to set the watch to our uk home time . It will then only sync the min and seconds.
Set you " home time" to uk.

Huertecilla

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : How do you cope with a Mega 1000 in the UK?

Post23 Jul 2011, 13:20

holly35 wrote:As far as i know you need to set the watch to our uk home time . It will then only sync the min and seconds.
Set you " home time" to uk.

The settings are a major source of confusion with the Seikos too. The SBPG S760 and SDGA S770 share the same setting logic and although logic it offers too many options to be user proof.
Anything that cán be set wrong, wíl be set wrong.

I think Seiko should have simplified the setting freedom in the S760. The S770 has a far easier to use menu.
The manual however does nothing to clarify things and got me on the wrong foot too about ´local´ and ´home´ which messed up the DST (which is signalled differently by the two stations my watch sync too) :oops:

Where I live the watch does not sync as that is fár out of range.
With the Citizen wave receiver it eceives twó and it switches between Mainflingen and Anthorp depending on atmospheric conditions between here and the two stations.
´Design oder nicht sein´

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: How do you cope with a Mega 1000 in the UK?

Post23 Jul 2011, 13:46

Since the 1000 will sync to the main german transmitter, setting you home time accordingly will have everything working ok.
Check the manual or with a uk dealer.
Other countries may have different problems.
Some in the uk gave no issues with the 1000.

Return to Modern Digitals