• Author

kabong

Nerd

Nerd

modern LED Driver

Post13 May 2011, 16:07

Has anybody bought one of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I have always wanted a driver. I'd be prepared to have this for a bit of fun if the quality was OK. Anybody have any experience?

Huertecilla

Wizard

Wizard

Re: modern LED Driver

Post23 May 2011, 21:15

kabong wrote:I have always wanted a driver. I'd be prepared to have this for a bit of fun if the quality was OK. Anybody have any experience?

I have seen it in the metal and although the law of deminishing returns is greatly in favour of lower end, this one is not the same value for money as a vintage Bulova Driver.
It is more cheaply made than the Bulova is more costy.
´Design oder nicht sein´

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: modern LED Driver

Post24 May 2011, 01:46

Original Poster:
You must have missed it - they have two very different versions of the display shown in that seller's listing: one from the manufacturer's setting instructions, the other is their [obviously] Photo-shopped "artistic rendering". Amazingly, in their "rendering", the display has moved the hours and minutes closer together, a colon has appeared and the characters are so much sharper and narrower. The real display is crappier than even the one shown on the setting instruction. :~#

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight,
Red is grey and yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion.
-Moody Blues 1967

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Modern Digitals